What happens when tiff exploit is fixed by apple?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ohio state fan, Oct 15, 2007.

1. ohio state fan macrumors member

Once apple has patched up the tiff exploit in safari what hapens to our already jailbroken ipods. Will we still be able to use it the same or will the installer or something not work?

2. Rhosfelt macrumors 65816

Rhosfelt

everything will be fine as long as you don't update :)

wait until hackers crack the next update, or just update and lose all of your awesome features simple as that..

3. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

I think:

Just don't update and apple can't fix the bug. When you update you should restore before, in order to wipe all the 3rd party software off the ipod to make sure you don't end up with an iBrick. And if the update fixes the tiff exploit then the jailbreakers will have to look for a new way to 'expose' the iPod. It will most likely be about a week between updates before we see third party apps on that version of software.

4. Rhosfelt macrumors 65816

Rhosfelt

don't rely on the week, I'd say a month if not more.. look how long it took them to get just the tiff..

5. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

Just dont update? I dont have a problem at all with my iPod now... I dont see any bugs or anything. So unless theres something worth updating for, I doubt I will...

6. California King macrumors 65816

apple should just embrace what hackers have done. They've made the iPod touch an even greater device. I don't really see any harm in it.

7. ohio state fan thread starter macrumors member

I completely agree.....but i dont think steve jobs will see it this way, unfortunately.

8. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

besides safari crashing and music suddenly stop playing while using safari

9. Vigilante macrumors 6502a

Vigilante

Unless the only Safari crash you have seen is the required one for the .TIFF exploit. :D

10. ryan.go.habs macrumors regular

I dont see why people say thats happening when it hasnt happened to me once and I use this thing constantly.

11. kevbo1983 macrumors member

You're just not looking hard enough or not using it enough. The touch has a bunch of bugs. It's still totally usable....but don't deny the bugs. It's definitely not as polished as the other iPods.

12. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

all the more reason why I really wanna buy a touch before they update and thus screw everything up!!

Now if I can only convince my gf that I need another iPod... :p

13. nirvana06 macrumors regular

I had that problem at the start but not anymore. Turn off your ipod once in a while.

14. Mackan macrumors 65816

See the obvious: Sooner or later a forced update of iTunes is required (Leopard) for most users, and Apple can simply make it refuse to sync with your iPod unless you upgrade to the latest firmware... Apple has the control.

And if your iPod breaks, and you need to send it in for repair, you can be pretty sure they will upgrade it to the latest firmware before you get it back, too.

15. savar macrumors 68000

savar

True, but if that is the case I will definitely not buy Leopard.