Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Nov 15, 2012
Someone changed the title of my thread without my consent? :confused:
I feel violated.

Lol Umad? Anyways why r u even worrying about some iphone 69? Omg so lame

Anyways I do love it converting to Roman numerals... So much classier that way... iPhone VI

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
The fact that you keep mentioning the number 69 leads me to believe that...

A. You have quite a few decades until you will be of age to have kids, let alone grand kids.

B. You may need to grow up some before you find some one to procreate with.

----------

Most likely because it was too vague of a thread title.

You're going to be a welcome addition to the Privates!

----------

Someone changed the title of my thread without my consent? :confused:
I feel violated.

I did. I'm contemplating just deleting the thread altogether.:rolleyes:

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
1. iPhone
2. iPhone 3G
3. iPhone 3GS
4. iPhone 4 (Followed by a CDMA iPhone 4 with a slightly different design/SKU)
5. iPhone 4S
6. iPhone 5
7. iPhone 5C
8. iPhone 5S
9. ???
10.??

So we're already basically at a phone that could be called iPhone X. Assuming the rumors are true, we'll be seeing two sizes for the upcoming model. I don't believe Apple will just eliminate the 4" model either.

Perhaps this next generation will be iPhone X and simply come in various sizes. There's already branding confusion with Samsung's S4 & S5 (for average consumers) so now is as good a time as any to break away from the number system. It has to happen some time.

I'd imagine that in the future each model will just be called iPhone and with multiple sizes there isn't much reason to keep around older generations, so it makes sense to me.

I don't count 5C. It's basically a 5 with a cheaper case.

If the next iPhone is the 6, you shouldn't count the 5C either.

irnchriz

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2005
Scotland
Don't worry. Our Chinese overlords will have taken over by then and those of us that survive will be using tin cans with string.

itjw

macrumors 65816
Dec 20, 2011
I too lose sleep over this horrendous looming disaster.

My solution?

Masking tape. That way, I can name the iPhone whatever I want. Currently, my (naked) 5S isn't a "5S", it's an "iPhone Tokyo Drift" :D.

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Hey that's true. I guess Apple is more of a classy business then others and won't stoop to that level.

Still... I can imagine crude jokes being made when we get to the iPhone 69.
Am I alone on this?

What do we already do as a society when it's 69 degrees outside? What about if something is $69?

Nintendo outed the Wii, and they're still doing....ok. But that's only because, I believe, they refuse to embrace smartphones into their gaming lineup.

klamse25

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 25, 2009
I too lose sleep over this horrendous looming disaster.

My solution?

Masking tape. That way, I can name the iPhone whatever I want. Currently, my (naked) 5S isn't a "5S", it's an "iPhone Tokyo Drift" :D.

This leads me to think... Since we on the subject of naming conventions, what if Apple starts adopting sponsors into their product lineups? Like we could have different edition iPhones.

Imagine a Nickelback themed iPhone. Get it signed by the whole band, and have an unchangeable background and icons themed after them, etc...

This would sell like hotcakes, and Apple would get a tidy profit.

klamse25

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 25, 2009
A little overly dramatic about an iPhone 69 you may never live to see. There won't be iPhones by then. To think I wasted 2 mins. reading through this. :confused:

Refer to my previous posts. I am concerned about future generations, not my own.

----------

apple did reference drug using hippies at WWDC lol so i wouldn't put it past them to make fun of the name "iPhone 69"

This is exactly the kinda thing I'm worried about. It may seem harmless, but it's teaching kiddies that immorality is the "cool" thing to live by.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
Refer to my previous posts. I am concerned about future generations, not my own.

----------

This is exactly the kinda thing I'm worried about. It may seem harmless, but it's teaching kiddies that immorality is the "cool" thing to live by.

If you are truly worried about future generations, a phone should be the least of your worries.

klamse25

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 25, 2009
If you are truly worried about future generations, a phone should be the least of your worries.

It's not just the phone. It's the concept. Most everyone has a phone. Even small children have iPhones. If society generally accepts smartphones, they generally accept the message behind said smartphone. It will infiltrate young, innocent minds.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
It's not just the phone. It's the concept. Most everyone has a phone. Even small children have iPhones. If society generally accepts smartphones, they generally accept the message behind said smartphone. It will infiltrate young, innocent minds.

Your paranoia seems a little overboard. Best of luck with that. ;)

kingalexthe1st

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2013
Wasn't there a rumour earlier this year that there would be an "iPhone+" or something like the 'iPhone Math'? Remember that? Judging by the iPad Air naming convention lately, and that the new iPhone will be quite slim with a possible larger version, I wouldn't be surprised if we're looking at the 'iPhone Air' for the 4.7 inch, and 'iPhone Air+' for the 5.5 inch.

Alex

itjw

macrumors 65816
Dec 20, 2011
UPDATE:

My iPhone Tokyo Drift has had nothing but problems. This is the last time I buy a rear wheel drive smartphone... and they said it'd be "just fine" in the snow... pffft.

Stick with the mundane Samsung Galaxy Accord Edition. Resale is better too.

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
I'm worried about my future grandchildren. Knowing how bad our society is, they will market the iPhone 69 in a very obscene manner. I don't want my grandchildren being corrupt.

Hey that's true. I guess Apple is more of a classy business then others and won't stoop to that level.

Still... I can imagine crude jokes being made when we get to the iPhone 69.
Am I alone on this?

Forgot your future grandchildren. You're what, 18? You have me worried as you're legally an adult.

BenTrovato

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2012
Canada
I would hope that we or some other company, or even Apple, can innovate beyond iPhone's around 2020. Hopefully phones can evolve by then.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.