What hardware will be in the next MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Rabbleboy, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Rabbleboy macrumors member

Heya!

Was wondering what the rumors and thoughts about the next MBP update are/would be/mayhab even? And if there are any upcoming events for such an announcement?
    (I know its not that long since the MBP update, but still - its wasn't that exciting hardware wise)

Cheers Rabble

2. kolax macrumors G3

Well.. last major update was a year ago. We've not seen anything much (apart from CPU bumps). Still the same chipset, 9400M and discrete 9600GT. Same screen resolution etc. I wouldn't call getting an SD card slot anything major..

I'm waiting till around October to invest in a 17" MacBook Pro. I'm hoping the matte version will retain its silver bezel, but also have a silver hinge (basically look like the Air).

Blu-ray would be nice, but I'm not holding out.

3. Rabbleboy thread starter macrumors member

Yeah.. New chipset from Intel at some points late 09 early 10, which is supposed to be good, and powerefficient.
    I'm gonna get a 17" aswell next time, gotta hate that Apple doesn't increase the resolution on their 15" screens.. 1440x900 is just too small!
    And gogo for ATI graphics - if not for nothing more then competition, need more support from Nvidia. (Greedy m-f's :p)

4. zachplaysguitar macrumors 6502

zachplaysguitar

Although I have a new 13 MBP, I hope the next MacBook I buy has AT LEAST a 4 core processor and AT LEAST 8GB ram standard for a good price. The displays should be better and have more contrast/ and better resolution as well as enhanced connectivity options and more choice in the area of GPUs.

5. barkomatic macrumors 68040

The next MBP will have a detachable screen that will double as stand alone tablet computer. That is my fantasy anyway--which is not going to happen. :)

The rumor mill about the next major MBP update hasn't been terribly active, save for the chipset upgrade already discussed. Sadly, I haven't heard anything about including Blu-ray. Maybe USB 3.0 will be in the next one.

What I've heard is that Steve Jobs is almost entirely focusing on the tablet, which probably means every other product line like the MBP will receive boring updates.

6. iMacmatician macrumors 601

My predictions based on rumors, speculation, and the industry:

New Intel chipset with Arrandale CPU
    New NVIDIA GPUs (I don't know if current 9400M MBPs will get an NVIDIA GPU or the Arrandale integrated GPU)
    Maybe a resolution bump
    Maybe HDD increases

7. JustDom89 macrumors member

JustDom89

How about dropping the STUPID SD card slot on the 15" MacBook Pro and bringing back the express card slot..

that's all I'm asking apple..

8. MrPeanut macrumors regular

There wont be any new hardware (visually) changes for a while i dont think. I think its going to just be internal changes for the next 2-3 years in terms of the actual alluminum chassis. I think they've pretty much perfected it IMO

9. Bostonaholic macrumors 6502

Bostonaholic

I'm waiting until about mid-October to get myself the 17" MBP. I'm ok with the current hardware specs, just waiting for the funds and maybe a slight price drop (doubt it though).