OS X What has happened to F1 2013?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by imacken, Jan 31, 2014.

1. imacken macrumors 65816

Edwin, we're only a few weeks away from the new 2014 season.
    What's the news on F1 2013?

2. Dirtyharry50 macrumors 68000

Dirtyharry50

This was just posted in Facebook today:

Our race engineers have been hard at work and we’re now ready to announce the availability of both the multiplayer and Classic Edition content for F1™ 2013 for Mac.

Cross-platform (Mac vs. PC) multiplayer for up to 16 players will be supported in all copies of the game (boxed and digital) with SteamPlay. These will be available from the Feral Store, Steam and other third-party store partners. A Steam account will be required for both activation and online play.

Copies of the game purchased from the Mac App Store do not support SteamPlay and will be single-player only.

F1 2013 will be available as both a standard edition and as F1 2013: Classic Edition, a premium version of the game that includes all additional content. To find out more about the additional content, visit the Classic Edition page on the F1 2013 minisite.

http://www.feralinteractive.com/en/mac-games/f12013/classic-edition/

3. imacken thread starter macrumors 65816

Hmmm... not sure what that means. 'Ready to announce the availability'?

4. Dirtyharry50 macrumors 68000

Dirtyharry50

Well, I think they meant they were ready to announce what is going to be available from where, what store, etc. So they must be getting closer now hopefully. I know it isn't as good as a release date but some news is good news at least. :)

5. edddeduck macrumors 68020

edddeduck

We hadn't specified what multiplayer features would be supported. The post was we can confirm we will be supporting 16 player Mac/PC multiplayer.

This is quite a big deal (we think) as many times due to game design Mac/PC isn't possible but for this version we have overcome the technical challenges and it will be completely supported. I have had a few 16 player games in cross platform with PC steam players and it is LOADS of fun.

We might need some "help" testing the final polish of the MP modes so if you are interested in helping please let me know via a PM.

Edwin