What has happened to my Macbook Pro screen?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Revol, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Revol macrumors newbie

[​IMG]

It only shows up in dark images, anything bright and colourful and you can't see this big smudge-like thing. I haven't dropped it or knocked it or anything and I've only had it for 4 months from a Stormfront store in the UK. Very dissapointing :(

2. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

That looks like pressure points on the LCD. Did you by chance have your MacBook Pro in a book back next to some books or something similar?

3. Revol thread starter macrumors newbie

I did take it out the house in a bag a few days ago, but it was in a padded case.

Could this have been caused by over-zealous screen wiping maybe? I did give it a wipe-down last night...

4. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

No, wiping wouldn't have caused this, the glass faceplate is pretty resilient against pressure and the metal enclosure behind the screen is pretty strong against pressure. That looks like a hardware issue. You should definitely take it to Apple asap.

5. Revol thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the feedback, I'll give the store a call tomorrow :)

6. Heilage macrumors 68030

Heilage

Looks like Mura, also known as bad spots, to me. This should be covered under warranty/AppleCare, especially if there is no visible dents on the display clamshell.