What has iOS 7 replaced for you?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by YeahBuddy, Jun 27, 2013.

1. YeahBuddy macrumors regular

Have any of the new features or stock apps of iOS 7 caused you to delete an old app or service?

I personally have removed a few apps:
    -Pandora (iTunes Radio)
    -Google Chrome (Safari)
    -Mailbox (Mail)
    -Google App (Siri, Notification Center)
    -Flashlight App (Control Center)

I'm interested to find out if you've been able to replace anything because of an iOS 7 feature or app. I'm also curious about the opposite. Have you found a replacement for any of the new features or stock apps you don't like?

2. WordMasterRice macrumors 6502a

I switched back to Safari from Chrome (for now) and obviously no need for the flashlight app anymore. I wish I could switch off of mailbox but as long as Apple refuses to support IMAP IDLE I'll continue to look elsewhere.

3. Switchback666 macrumors 68000

Switchback666

Nothing for me, i welcome the change and ive been using iRadio a lot :) cant compete with something built-in so pandora is gone and im actually thinking about drop spotify because im not using it that much due to how awesome is radio working playing the things i like.

icloud keychain will really hurt 1password that im sure.

4. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

I like that iOS 7 has a lot more built in features. Was glad I no longer have to install the same apps listed by the OP.

5. darthraige macrumors 68000

darthraige

I might try something other than Safari for now. Safari seems to be lagging a lot more in beta 2. Might go back to my favorite, Dolphin Browser.

6. sankyo macrumors member

So glad they updated the Mail app so now you can arrange it however you want! VIP is no longer mandatory.

And Safari is the best mobile browser on the market now.

7. HarryAinslie macrumors regular

HarryAinslie

All this thread has done is made me more jealous that you guys have iTunes Radio and we don't here in the UK yet! :(

Flashlight has gone for me

8. apollo1444 macrumors 65816

Used Google now as my browser, went back to safari because it's faster and looks rad

I still use their legacy mail app which sucks but I use it for outlook mail, I have the gmail app installed for gmail

9. Quercus Alba macrumors member

iOS 7 has changed nothing except now I have to wear sunglasses when using my iPhone, lest I be blinded by the UI.

10. Tar Sniffer macrumors 6502

If I ever download iOS 7, then I will remove iTorch and send the Calculator App to the trash folder. Also, due to the Notification Centre changes I'll be forced to take the Weather and Stock Apps out of the trash (a big backwards step).

11. mainer4101 macrumors member

I got rid of Google Now too, Safari and Notification Center gives me the same info.

Did keep Pandora - it has my stations programmed, plus I haven't really explored Radio a whole lot yet...may change.

I did delete my grocery list app though. I like the Reminders app layout a lot better than in 6.

Would have liked to have been able to delete Yahoo weather app, but I like the radar feature and it has a few other bells and whistles.

12. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

- TuneIn Radio (iTunes Radio, whenever it comes to Canada)
    - Flashlight App (Control Center Flashlight)
    - Google Now (Today View - Control Center)

13. muledogus macrumors 6502

I wish the stock weather app would show everything yahoo does. I enjoy seeing the barometer and sunrise and stuff, i hate the icon though, would love to be able to get rid of it.

14. bchery21 macrumors 6502

bchery21

Hmm, you like Dolphin? I tried it out once but ending up not liking it. With Flipboard, I don't do that much surfing so maybe that's why; Safari is good enough for me...

OP - when i get my hands on iOS 7, I'll most likely get rid of Pandora. I don't really stream music so I probably won't even use iTunes Radio. I wish the weather app would replace Yahoo! weather but I really enjoy the integrated Flickr pictures representing the city and current weather conditions. I thought Apple would of done that for sure when I heard Flickr would be integrated in the OS but I guess not.

15. WhackyNinja macrumors 68000

WhackyNinja

Siri still needs to improve to replace Google Now for me. Its getting there, I love Siri on iOS 7. But Google Now is still #1 imo

16. darthraige macrumors 68000

darthraige

Before the iPhone landed on Verizon I had a Motorola Droid. The Dolphin Browser was one of the best browsers on that phone. Then once I got my Verizon iPhone, Dolphin came out for it. Guess I've just been used to it since. I'm sure I'll be using Safari once all the bugs are fixed.

17. j4zb4 macrumors 6502a

j4zb4

So far
    Auxo
    Wee flashlight
    Battery doctor pro (not completely)
    Chrome could be next on the list

I was looking forward for them to replace lockinfo too, but I guess that's for next year...

18. Simplicated macrumors 65816

Simplicated

Yea right. You might want to visit an ophthalmologist.

19. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

1. Flashlight by Rik (best flashlight app i found..)
    2. 2Do (reminders is plenty powerful now)

thats it

20. sou1 so1di3r macrumors 6502a

sou1 so1di3r

I guess I'm confused as to how notification center is replacing anything google now does?

my notification center only shows calendar events and reminders

for example- google knows I'm traveling tomorrow (scans my emails of flight information??) and it is displaying weather at my next two destinations, dallas and LAX. pretty scary awesome

21. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

We just mean it's our replacement to Google now. You can get text-based weather notifications, view your entire today calendar and whats happening tomorrow.

I'm sure apple will add more functionality as it matures.

22. TreeDude macrumors newbie

Lost my jailbreak when I upgraded to a 4s because it was already on 6.1.3. So for me it has replaced a lot of my old jailbreak apps. I have very little reason to jailbreak again.

The only app I deleted was my flashlight app :p

23. Will2145 macrumors 6502

Will2145

Losing my jailbreak obviously but app wise I do not need the flashlight app anymore. I also went over to give safari a shot and still testing over chrome to see whether it should be my main browser or not. So far really liking it, find it a bit faster than chrome

24. techie-struts macrumors newbie

Back to safari, after not using anything else but chrome for quite awhile.

25. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I'm still keeping my flashlight app, because I have one that lets me adjust the brightness of the light.

Control center is fine, but NCSettings on a jailbroken phone is much better. You can select what toggles you want in it, and the icons look more elegant.

[​IMG]