What Has Stock Been Like At Retail Stores?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MICHAELSD, Jun 24, 2010.

1. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Here I am, June 24 without an iPhone 4 and with a sold iPhone 3GS that has to be shipped out soon. Rather than be the 500th person to call my Apple Store today regarding iPhone 4 stock, I might as well ask you guys: what has it been like so far? Did Apple save enough stock for Apple Stores to at least have enough for a day or two? Successful or unsucessful walk-ins? Post any experience you may have today.

2. MICHAELSD thread starter macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

I called Best Buy. I reserved an iPhone 4, but they're out of stock. I guess I'll call the Apple Store and update this thread afterwards with whatever they say.

3. BrownManUPS macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

Apple Store has a lot over here, but mainly for reservations. I think they will have some sold today and hold another set of stock for tomorrow.

4. mrtune macrumors 6502a

My local Apple store said they had 1300 reserved phones and about 700 walk-in phones. After several hours of selling them they came out with a huge stack of tickets and began handing them out for the remaining supply of walk-in phones. They handed them all out and sent the unfortunate people all the way at the back of the line home.

At it's peak, the line was 600 people long. They will be sold out at the end of the day, and the only stock they'll have for tomorrow will be from those reservations that don't show up tonight.

5. MICHAELSD thread starter macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

All the rep said when I called the Apple Store after waiting for the eight calls ahead of me to finish was "sold out" then she hung up.

6. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

You need to be at the store the next day waiting as MANY including me did not pick up his reserved phone as mine came in the ATT today. These phone will sell 1st am tomorrow.

7. Bawstun macrumors 65816

Bawstun

At Apple stores? Ridiculously high.

I was behind at LEAST, at LEAST 400 people for walk-ins, and I still got a phone.

And the line for reserved phones was just as long.

8. joecg macrumors member

I just got back from my Apple Store in Madison after waiting 5 hours in the reservation line. When I was checking out, I'd say they still had a good 400 left up on the front counter.

9. markthrash macrumors regular

markthrash

Best Buy is completely out of stock. They're taking orders for the next shipment, which is sometime July.

AT&T isn't expecting any until June 29th.

I know this because I saw a lot of walk-ins while I was getting my phone activated for me. I felt good about me pre-ordering :)

And sorry, no Apple store near my location. Hope that helped, though. lol

10. Bawstun macrumors 65816

Bawstun

In a way I think it's great Apple kept SO much stock for themselves, as obviously that's where damn near everyone hit for walk-in phones, but man...only 2 per RadioShack and Apple stores had over 1,000+ each? That's really biased and almost unfair...it's definitely gonna create bad customer experiences.

Although, the way the consumer's mind works, most people will probably be all pissed off at RadioShack, Best Buy, Walmart, etc...not Apple. Maybe that's what Apple wanted? ;)

11. bostonte macrumors regular

Two or three people behind me they started switching to "tickets" -- redeemable for unclaimed reservations tomorrow, or future stock.

And that was about 3:30-4.

There were TONS of people in front of me. It wouldn't surprise me if they had a minimum of 250-300 walk in phones, and sold them all.

Small Apple store, too.

12. Bawstun macrumors 65816

Bawstun

Ours is a small in-mall store and they had at least 500, at least. There were at least that many in front of me before I got my phone, and they were STILL allowing people to line up all the way down through the end of the mall well after I left. It was insane.