What has two thumbs and a new MBA Rev.B WITHOUT lines?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by NYU02, May 8, 2009.

  1. NYU02 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Feb 13, 2007
    #1
    THIS GUY! haha

    First off I would like to say that everyone buy their computers from best buy. They were AMAZING and extremely understanding of my issues with the first MBA rev. B I bought. (see previous post)

    Not only did he understand but he took out other new MBA's and opened them up until we got it right. The first one we opened had lines and he said "thats going back no problem." The second one had the 9c8f screen and it is PERFECT. I'm updating it now as I type. NO lines, sharp, fast, SMALL, and amazing.

    Will update you as I go.

    Any suggestions on software or tweaks? I know this is not the post for it but I want to change the doc color to have a black background. I saw one at the apple store have it and it looked cool.

    Either way. GO TO BEST BUY. No joke. I get nothing for promoting them, I'm just really happy and shocked at the level of service. I mean he brought new ones and opened it without question. No arguments needed.

    Anyway, I'm going to enjoy for a little now.

    Thanks,
    NYU02
     
  2. Scottsdale macrumors 601

    Scottsdale

    Joined:
    Sep 19, 2008
    Location:
    U.S.A.
    #2
    Congratulations! I told you they aren't all bad! Now you will be upset if a rev C MBA is released a week before WWDC. One with a hi-resolution display, 2.13 GHz CPU, two RAM slots (up to 8 GB), 256 GB SSD, glass trackpad, new graphics, ten-hour battery, carbon fiber shell, 1/2 thickness, 1/3 weight, and display goes edge to edge with no bezel! Ok, I know that isn't realistic, but you get the idea.

    Just joking with you. I am preparing for a long wait but hopeful for a surprise.

    Have fun with your amazing MacBook Air. Please report your experience after two weeks.
     
  3. McGilli macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Nov 11, 2008
    #3
    I am just surprised that Apple is still sending out 2 'versions' of the MBA.

    With lines and without.

    They really should disclose on the outside of the box which model it is.

    ;)
     
  4. mhnajjar macrumors 6502a

    mhnajjar

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2008
    #4
    There won't be a rev C before WWDC so if you need a computer now go and get it, otherwise, you would be waiting till October at least ... shhhhh ... don't tell that I said so!
     
  5. NYU02 thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Feb 13, 2007
    #5
    Its fine. Rev. C,D,E,F,G... I don't care right now. I will upgrade down the road but as of now I'm happy. I got a great deal and the computer is flawless.

    I was really worried when I got one with lines but when I went back and we opened computers until I got a good one I was shocked. So easy going. AND not only did he do that, but he understood the issue and is going to contact corporate HQ about the issue so they will be informed about the issue.


    Either way, I'M HAPPY.

    Thanks everyone for helping me decided and answering all my questions!

    NYU02
     
  6. Scottsdale macrumors 601

    Scottsdale

    Joined:
    Sep 19, 2008
    Location:
    U.S.A.
    #6
    No offense, but I don't think you have any inside information you need to be worried about keeping quiet. I am willing to bet on a June MBA update as it makes a lot of sense in the big picture.

    Bottom line, my MBA was stolen, and I will be happy to say, "I told you so" when the Mac notebooks are all updated sometime in June. Week before or two weeks after WWDC.

    I think a longer wait could really suck if Apple decides to modify the form factor to be thinner than Adamo. This is a real fear of mine. In my head, I know a September MBA is possible, or a February update is just as likely if it is past June. That MBA would run an ULV CPU and be a step backwards in powerful Mac to more original MBA type offering that is less capable and focused on portability or "Air."

    I really believe the June update makes the most sense assuming Apple doesn't change the form factor. Then we will see a rev D with Arrandale in February 2010. I assume the MBA will continue to be the premium super portable Mac offering. And that assumes we see an iTablet of some sort so the MBA doesn't get less power and an ULV CPU.

    If the MBA takes a step backwards going ULV CPU, I will buy a rev B MBA. In that case. If that happens, I will wish I had replaced my stolen rev B with a new rev B the same day it was stolen! This is the problem with rumors and games.

    I badly hope I could say, "I told you so" not because u care to be right, but because I am desperate to replace my MBA that was stolen, with a real upgraded MBA. One with 4 GB RAM and 256 GB SSD and better battery at a minimum would make me love my Mac!

    If you say, "I told you so," then I will probably be in despair and in Windows 7 envy if I am stuck with a crappy MB for several months!
     
  7. mhnajjar macrumors 6502a

    mhnajjar

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2008
    #7
    If you want it, go get it now.

    I am 100% sure that it won't be June.
     
  8. HLdan macrumors 603

    HLdan

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2007
    #8
    You're obviously not TOO desperate. You can buy a Macbook Air right now. If getting the latest and greatest is all you care about then your not "desperately" in need. :p
     
  9. GeekGirl* macrumors 65816

    GeekGirl*

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2009
    Location:
    Buffalo, NY
    #9
    I went from a B to a A so please stop talking about C as you have my head spinning :)
     

Share This Page