What have I done? Please HELP!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Jeffree, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Jeffree macrumors newbie

Hello,

I work on a mac but my sister has a pc. She recently upgraded her iphone 3G from ios3 to ios4.
    Furthermore, she recently upgraded her system os from xp to win 7. Ever since the iphone update,
    her phone was significantly slower than before. Therefore, she wanted to downgrade her iphone from ios4 to ios3.

I downgraded it but didn't do a backup. Now all her info is GONE! The only backup that was done,
    was when she upgraded from ios3 to 4, on the previous OS Win XP.
    I wanted to know if there is anyway of getting her data back?

Is there software that can recover from the iphone, even after an upgrade or downgrade?

Is there software that can recover from a formatted drive, even with a new copy of windows installed?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. esadb macrumors 65816

esadb

No dude your out of luck.

Just appologize to her thats the best you can do.

3. Jeffree thread starter macrumors newbie

Really? there are no apps out there for recovering Iphone data?

4. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

sorry but no. there are backup apps or you can use iTunes but its to late if you have already restored. but, have you tried to restore from the backup she had on the earlier operating system? you may recover some, all, or none! you should always backup prior to any update. with that said you can go back and restore from that backup so you should be able to recover.....I know I am talking in a circle but Im thinking while Im typing!!

5. Jeffree thread starter macrumors newbie

The backup was done on the same drive that the NEW OS is on, so maybe if I could find some really great restore software, that could get to the old/overwritten XP installation I could find it?

6. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

when she upgraded to windows 7 it will depend on how you did it. full restore and update or update and not lose any info on the pc. if she did the first its gone. if she did the second just hook her phone to the pc, turn on iTunes, then under devices when her phone shows up right click and then click restore from backup. choose what backup you want and let it restore. you dont need any fancy software to do this.

7. Jeffree thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks everyone for the prompt reply's, it was a full restore. I'm a dead man.