Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MarkC426

macrumors 68040
May 14, 2008
UK

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 30, 2018
there
I just , well my MacBook air 2010 Running Mojave and firefox
the first half of the Pool-Vreal match
the only sputter was for a nano second of Unia being antical
The screen was but with some fan noise, hey this is 2010 stuff!
Bravo Mojave~)

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 30, 2018
there
The SSD in the 2012 MacBook Air is upgradeable? I had no idea. What drive did you put in it?
I an using a Fledging Feather 258 GB drive which is great!
they are out of stock now, and probably for ever
I think OWC still has some left tho.
and tons of them on Ama-Bays

Last edited:

CooperBox

macrumors 68000
I too agree that Mojave can have all sorts of pleasurable uses, even in 2021. I've been using my hybrid 'CubeMini' all afternoon on the internet sending e-mails and checking posts on this site and other similar international Mac forums.
Here's a photo of the OS Mojave hybrid:

CubeMini.jpg

Specifications are: Completely refurbished 2009 2.26GHz MacMini with SSD, extra RAM etc, shoe-horned inside the casing of a 2000 G4 Cube. For those interested, more info in THIS previous post.
Yes Mojave is obsolete in the sense of 'aging' or 'outdated', but not in the related sense of 'unusuable' or 'inoperative'.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Noooo! My uptime! :(

Woke my 2015 MBP from sleep this morning to a frozen screen with no mouse or keyboard input working. I had to force power it off. Farewell, ~300-day uptime.

I know it doesn't really mean anything, but still...

• Love
Reactions: conmee and Colstan

Colstan

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2020
Noooo! My uptime! :(

Woke my 2015 MBP from sleep this morning to a frozen screen with no mouse or keyboard input working. I had to force power it off. Farewell, ~300-day uptime.

I know it doesn't really mean anything, but still...
I feel your pain. Even though it's meaningless, there's something oddly satisfying about a long uptime. It also demonstrates how robust and stable macOS is.

I'm glad to see folks here carrying on the Mojave legacy. I had to finally give it up at the end of last year, for compatibility reasons. I'm getting used to Monterey, using Mojave now feels a bit dated, but it's still my second favorite version of OS X. My favorite being Snow Leopard, but those days are long gone.

Reactions: Nermal

conmee

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2019
Reno, NV
Changed my startup/login background to a Christmas theme today... let's see Big Sur/Monterey do that. ;-)

So how long before we Mojavians end up in the "Older OS X Versions" forum category? Before or after Monterey's successor?

View attachment 1931466

Well, a sad (or not so sad) day here at MacRumors... "macOS Mojave (10.14)" and Catalina I might add, have finally been relegated to the "Older OS X Versions" section.

Screen Shot 2022-06-06 at 8.23.22 PM.png

Long live Mojave, my fellow Mojavians!

Matty_TypeR

macrumors 6502a
Oct 1, 2016
UK
Well, a sad (or not so sad) day here at MacRumors... "macOS Mojave (10.14)" and Catalina I might add, have finally been relegated to the "Older OS X Versions" section.

View attachment 2014923

Yes a shame to see Mojave moved to unsupported OSX versions, but i still use it, and i prefer it to all newer OSX versions so far. No bloat and BS in it, half the size of monterey but a shame new Apps will not run on it.

Mojave the best OSX so far for me.

Reactions: m4v3r1ck and conmee

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI

Older is better. ;)

But, the new is inevitable. I'm getting closer and closer to upgrading my Office for Mac so that when I replace my late 2014 Mini, Word and Excel will still run. (I have SoftMaker apps, but need to share some Excel files on Google Docs with no formatting issues.) And my mail order prescription site keeps telling me my browser is out of date. But, it still works.

In the meantime, onward with Mojave!

Reactions: m4v3r1ck and conmee

rin67630

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2022
I decided today to take the great leap and was tired on seeing Mojave.
I changed to Ventura and it took less than 10 sec. !

Wow, everything works exactly like it should!

1656070035238.png

:D

CooperBox

macrumors 68000
I decided today to take the great leap and was tired on seeing Mojave.
I changed to Ventura and it took less than 10 sec. !

Wow, everything works exactly like it should!

View attachment 2022895

:D
You had me going there for a second or two.....😜
No doubt that most - but not all will be familiar with Lino Ventura. Truly a great actor, but also a fascinating personality. I've just finished reading a book on him 'Attends-moi mon amour' written by his children. It details Paris in the summer of 1936 when he was 16 and with an ambition to becoming a champion wrestler. These longings were later frowned upon especially when he married into the French bourgeoisie, and later details his personal family difficulties as an Italian living in France during the dark hours of German occupation. A great read.
Now, I wonder if Ventura will eventually run on my 2002 Ti PowerBook.........;)

Last edited:

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I'm getting closer and closer to upgrading my Office for Mac so that when I replace my late 2014 Mini, Word and Excel will still run. (I have SoftMaker apps, but need to share some Excel files on Google Docs with no formatting issues.) And my mail order prescription site keeps telling me my browser is out of date. But, it still works.

In the meantime, onward with Mojave!
Well, that didn't last into the next month! I decided to upgrade Office, and go for Monterey before Ventura got out of Beta. Eventually, Mojave will be history, but every once in awhile I still see posts from people using older hardware with Snow Leopard, so it might be far down the road when that finally happens.

maverick28

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2014
Mojave is not obsolete. All my apps and services are as fully operational as the day it was released and the Active development cycle the year after. It ceased receiving Security Updates only last summer but that hardly mattered to me. Most apps are still supported.

CooperBox

macrumors 68000
Well, that didn't last into the next month! I decided to upgrade Office, and go for Monterey before Ventura got out of Beta. Eventually, Mojave will be history, but every once in awhile I still see posts from people using older hardware with Snow Leopard, so it might be far down the road when that finally happens.
Snow Leopard? That's relatively 'recent'😜 compared to OS X Tiger that myself and so many others across on the Power PC Mac forum still enjoy and use regularly. I for one take the term 'obsolete' with a pinch of salt. Many of the older OS systems still perform reasonably well for what they were designed for. I occasionally still use a 2001 Special Edition Firewire iBook clamshell with Office Word & Excel just for the fun, and the last time I tried it still connected to a usuable - albeit slow web browser.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.