What Have You Sold That You Regret?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JamesMike, Feb 12, 2015.

1. JamesMike macrumors demi-god

JamesMike

To this day, I regret selling my 1966 Chevelle Super Sport.

2. Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac

I don't even know where to start. It's something I have to think about. I know it's a ton of stuff....

3. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

Holy smokes, I regret you selling that too.

:D

Figure there will be quite a few cars ...

4. JamesMike thread starter macrumors demi-god

JamesMike

D. T. I agree, let me throw in my other car, 1958 Chevy.

5. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

OK, now you're just being mean :D

6. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

My original Star Wars toys from the 70's and 80's. Would have made a few quid if I'd kept them.

Although if I'd kept them id probably be single!

7. sk1wbw Suspended

sk1wbw

I used to have a blue 4" Colt Python that I sold. Every time I think about it, it brings a tear to my eye.

8. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

I sold my soul for my career!

Partial regret. Not all bad. Still time to fix it. :)

9. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

iPod 1st Gen. Seemed worth selling when the 3rd Gen came out. But now I fully regret it.

10. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

I regret selling "Babe Ruth's Own Book of Baseball" (1928). It was authored by Babe Ruth and the edition I had was limited to 1000 signed copies by the Babe in black ink.

11. JRBuchanan macrumors newbie

BMW M Roadster

Regret using my BMW M Roadster as trade-in for BMW M6. Should have kept it for driving in nice weather.

12. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

I gave away my singlet from the '96 Games in Atlanta, but it was for a good cause.

13. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Fascinating and most interesting thread. Reading this thread, I am curious to know why there is regret.

Is it because you no longer have the thing - object - article - that you sold? Is it because you failed to see its possible worth - or didn't value it enough - when - or while - you had it? Or, is it because you sold the item in question?

14. FieldingMellish Suspended

I sold a pair of snowshoes and shipped them the very morning of the recent blizzard. I had put them on eBay the week before and only after they sat around the house unused for 12 years.

15. waynerbbx macrumors member

Super Smash Bros Melee. Traded it in for some junky movies before it became worth like $80.

16. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

For me, it would be the possible worth, personal value, and relevance as what is old is new again (read: retro).

No doubt that I valued it, my Intellivision:

[​IMG]

I had a good 150 games for it, and played them like there was no tomorrow; unfortunately, my then-9 to 11-year old self got caught up in the misguided mindset of "newer must = better"...

Sold all of it in 1986 for a Nintendo.. I barely had 10 games for it, and it immediately bored me. I couldn't get the Intellivision back, and by 1990, the last game came off the line, and was gone completely.....

Or so I thought. Intellivison Lives! came out for the Sony PlayStation 2 and had a good 40 or so games on it; unfortunately since the PS3s dropped PS2 emulation, I lost that as well..

.. or so I thought. Intellivison Flashback is now out, thanks to the original developers of those games back in the early 80s, and back in its original design of a gaming console, plus has 60 games on it. Not all that I had, but perfect enough for me (incidentally, they also released an Atari Flashback and ColecoVision Flashback, in their original consoles).

For me, and as much as I loved those classic games, this was like selling your dog, then being able to get it back a year later, after missing it so much.

BL.

17. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

Mostly the resale value if I'm honest!

18. Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac

My 1969 Gibson EB3 Bass
    My 1971 Ampeg SVT Bass Amp
    My 1971 Dan Armstrong Clear Lucite Bass
    My 1973 Rickenbacker 4001 Bass
    My 1995 Mustang GT (last of the pushrod V8's)
    Multitudes of vintage tubed stereo equipment worth big bucks now

19. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

My iPod Video. My iPhone 2G had finally fallen to bits, so I was needing some money to buy the iPhone 4 at launch. I sold my TI-83 calculator, my then Samsung feature phone, Leopard OS X installer, and then the iPod. It was barely over $200 after eBay taxes and shipping.

I only regret it now because I didn't know how much the app situation was going to change and I thought the iPhone was still going to do me well as a music player. I was racking up 3GB of photos every month, and could hardly take advantage of iMovie because of both my photos and music took up most of the space.

The iPod Touch I have now is great. But I'm a few albums short of maxing it out completely. If I still had the iPod Video, I could mod it with a new drive and battery and not deal with having to wait around to see if they make a 128GB version of the Touch, or do something with the Nano.

20. Xiroteus macrumors 65816

Nothing major, I had to sell quite a few things over the years along with items I just no longer needed. I did sell some items I liked yet that does not mean I regret selling them. Aside from art I am more about function over random stuff or collections. There is one item that would likely be hard to find again because it was one of two hundred and fifty. Since it is basically a dust collector (dusted often) it is not much of an issue.

I do move my tech around a bit and this last round has not been going so well. Bad charger or not changing, broken charging port etc... kind of wish I just stuck with my laptop I had. There is no real regret behind it since I can just swtich items around again.

21. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

My 1972 Plymouth Duster - that was my first and favorite car :)

22. rosario1990 macrumors regular

I sold my favourite laptop few days back. Really confused for this.

23. AFEPPL macrumors 68030

AFEPPL

In terms of a car, RS TT and other things an Amiga 500,