Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hieveryone

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 11, 2014
USA
I'm using Bose in ear headphones right now, which are decent, but I'm looking to upgrade.

Any suggestions?

I'm using a 2019 15" MacBook Pro docked next to my 24" LG 4K monitor :D

pshufd

macrumors G3
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
I just ordered another pair of Jaybird X3s. I have a pair but I think that there's a pairing limit of four devices and I have it set up with mobile devices. It will pair with up to two at the same time so it's nice if you work with multiple Macs. So I will have one pair for mobile devices and one pair for my Macs. They are fantastic for running and I've put them through the washer and dryer before.

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
I'm using Bose in ear headphones right now, which are decent, but I'm looking to upgrade.

Any suggestions?

I'm using a 2019 15" MacBook Pro docked next to my 24" LG 4K monitor :D

What is your goal? What are your requirements? Do you want better sound? Do you want wireless?

Reactions: venom600

Hieveryone

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 11, 2014
USA
What is your goal? What are your requirements? Do you want better sound? Do you want wireless?

I don't want wireless at all, I want wired. But the goal is to get better sound. More "oomph" ya know? Surround sound too

smirking

macrumors 68040
Aug 31, 2003
Silicon Valley
Sennheiser 58x's are pretty well balanced cans that can be properly driven straight out of your MBP. They're not very bassy though so if you're looking for heavy oomph, you might be disappointed. They have some power. They're just not bass monsters. They're great all-rounders, especially if you don't want to use an amplifier.

Reactions: JasonCManley

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
I don't want wireless at all, I want wired. But the goal is to get better sound. More "oomph" ya know? Surround sound too

Oomph is a very personal experience. Maybe try a few models out.

I’m not sure that the headphone jack can do proper surround sound, but there’s certainly a broad market of headphones out there.

Personally I’m using the B&W P7 for a few years already and am very satisfied with them.

Cosmo M3

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2010
I would say the AirPods Pro for the convenience and size. I personally use my Bang & Olufsen H9i

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.