What headphones are you using?

celticpride678

Original poster
Feb 15, 2009
Boston, MA
I am getting new headphones on Saturday and need some ideas. I am looking for good quality, comfort and durability. NO SKULLCANDY HEADPHONES. Thanks!

EDIT: Also must be in-ear headphones.

Apple-Man23

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2007
USA
Etymotic Research ER6i in-ear earphones. I highly recommend any of the products ER makes. The sound quality is awesome and the customer service is absolutely superb.

joehahn

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2009
CT
sennheiser HD 202

I love them and for the price ($20 on amazon) i dont think you can beat them

BrianKonarsMac

macrumors 65816
Apr 28, 2004
What are your views on those. I used to have older generations, and they did not sound that good. How about now?
They still do not sound good.

Thumbs up for Koss.

The real question though is: what is your budget?

People here could show you a great pair of ear buds for $500, or decent ones for $50 or something that will play sound for $15.

superatombomb

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2009
If price is an issue, then get the ultimate ears metro.fi 170. I use them to block out sound from my daily commute plus they have a sturdy, durable build and good sound quality. If you want something more quality than that, but more expensive as a result, then get the a higher end one from ultimate ears. My dad has a super.fi one (cant remember) and they are excellent. Ultimate Ears are the best.

karatekidk

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2008
Pacific Northwest, USA
I have been using Sennheiser HD238 on-ear headphones. I got them simply because I couldn't afford Bose on-ear, but I have to say I have been really impressed with the quality and sound. Oh, and it sure didn't break the bank!:)

X5-452

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2006
Calgary, Canada
This.

I really like them. The sound is perfect. Depending on the fit of the tips, you get great, secure bass and clear mids/highs. The remote works flawlessly with iPhone 3GS; however, the build quality is not the greatest. The physical headphones are great, but the plastic cabling tends to fray a little - not the actual cable, more so the extra layers near the headphone port that serve no purpose but to look pretty.

Maccin475

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2009
Etymotic Research ER6i in-ear earphones. I highly recommend any of the products ER makes. The sound quality is awesome and the customer service is absolutely superb.
Ahh sweet, i use the same ones! I couldn't have said it better myself.

Bengt77

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2002
Europe
About two years ago I got the Shure SE210. It was good for some time, until I grew unsatisfied with the sound. Mids and highs were good, but the sound was severely lacking in the bass department. This summer I upgraded to the Shure SE530. Of course, it's quite expensive, but: wow! It's just awesome.

If you're looking for good sound from IEMs, it might be worth it to shoot for the high end at once. Buying a lower end IEM only to find it's not your cup of tea and then gradually moving toward the higher end will eventually turn out more expensive than going high end immediately.