What headphones do you use?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by The Messiah, Feb 3, 2008.

1. The Messiah macrumors newbie

The Messiah

Are you using the default headphones or have you purchased new ones?

I'm using a pair of Sennheiser CX300s which I've been impressed with.

2. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

haha i ve got the same ones as you the cx 300 ammmaaaaazing earbuds for the price..(20-30 bucks on ebay)

3. rsm5068 macrumors regular

I fell in love with Skull Candy. They are cheap (relatively) and sound awesome. They also have a quality that is on par with Sony but for 10 bucks less.

4. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

yeah the FMJ ones look really good, i just don t knwo they are a little bit too muhc to spend on when i alreayd have a new good pair, i just really like teh skull candy cases they come with

5. uicandrew macrumors 6502a

6. The Messiah thread starter macrumors newbie

The Messiah

I searched but couldn't be arsed trawling through the many pages. Perhaps the should make that thread a sticky.

7. swiftman macrumors newbie

8. Chimpy macrumors 6502

The nice thing about the stock headphones is that they have decent sound and I really don't care about them. If they break or I lose them, eh, no biggie. They are small and virtually disposable, perfect for a transportable medium.

9. Macjames macrumors 6502a

Same here....Sennheiser CX300s have a great sound for such a low price.

10. teleromeo macrumors 65816

teleromeo

sennheiser also for my iPod 5.5. My brother in law recommended them as he had a pair of it. Only, the last time I saw him he had a new iPod and used some sony stuff with it.

11. David G. macrumors 6502a

I have a pair of Etymotic er6is and I think they are really good for the price you can pay on Amazon. The build quality could be a little better IMO but if you take care of them they'll last a long time.

12. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I've got a pair of Sony Fontopias I picked up in Japan (where they're called NUDE), and they're pretty good if you can get a decent seal.

13. apsterling macrumors 6502a

apsterling

I've got a pair of E2C's, which are very nice when I do production work in Logic Express, and better yet when I go into my garage to play drums- they protect my ears, and allow me to play along with my favorite tracks.

I, however, use the stock 'buds at school, as to not damage my E2C's, and so that even if I'm slacking off in class, I can still hear my teachers.

The E2C's are much more comfortable, though. I'm looking to get a set of triple-flange earpieces for them.

14. hierobryan macrumors 6502a

Grado SR-325i when at home
    Grado SR-60 or Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 3 when on the go

www.gradolabs.com

15. Ilovemyipod macrumors regular

Ilovemyipod

I use the apple one. (the ones that come with it)

16. tobenning macrumors member

Bose TriPort In-Ear

17. pab277 macrumors regular

some cheap 97cents ones. their temporary until i buy new ones, since the apple earphones clearly broke.

18. itouch2007 macrumors member

19. chriswheat macrumors regular

I have been using my Ultimate Ears UE-10 PROs, which I use professionally, but I've just purchased some UE-11 PROs for my normal listening traveling, and some professional work. I imagine I'll continue to use the UE-10 PROs (with their flat response) for production stuff...

20. fridgeymonster3 macrumors 6502

fridgeymonster3

sennheiser 265 linear (over the ear and like 6 yrs old) and my wife uses the pink sennheiser cx300's

21. Schnebar macrumors 6502

Grado SR-80 when I go like in the car or on a plane and use them. I usually do not carry around headphones because I use Safari more then the iPod feature.

Sometimes if I am just throwing it in my pocket with headphones I will use the default white apple ones.

22. hierobryan macrumors 6502a

what?! how can you use the sr-80 on a plane? it's way too open for listening in a loud place.

23. Cammunicator macrumors newbie

Fmj & Px200

The standard earbuds just don't work for me. I can be standing still and they fall out.

So, after reading lots of good stuff about them, I bought a pair of Skullcandy Full Metal Jacket 9mm in-ear headphones (http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/fullmetaljacket-p-30.html). Not disappointed at all. They sound great and stay put. Got 'em on sale, too!

At home, I sometimes use my Sennheiser PX200 phones (http://www.pcreview.co.uk/reviews/Audio/Sennheiser_PX200_Headphones/). I really like them!

24. Beric macrumors 68020

Beric

Grado SR-60's. Incredible price ($70), incredible quality, incredible service (they repaired mine for free when I tripped over the cord while it was connected to my MB- my fault, not theirs). They're light for your ears, and very comfortable, and the sound is unbeatable for the price range. There's really not other worthy options, unless you need noise cancellation, which these are not.
    http://www.amazon.com/Grado-60-SR60/dp/B0006DPMU4/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=musical-instruments&qid=1202189495&sr=8-1

25. bokdol macrumors 6502a

bokdol

Sennheiser eh150...
    i love having big ol phones on my head. was thinking about the grado sr 60's but this was half the price. might upgrade to the eh350