What high profile games will get 'pwn'd' by the media?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by sikkinixx, Aug 24, 2007.

1. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

well Heavenly Sword just got a 7.0 from both IGN UK and IGN, though the game sounds a lot like Gears minus 3.6 off the score (pretty, short, repetitive)

Lair got pwn'd by EGM and is gonna get ripped apart by the sounds of most previews.

Blue Dragon, which I admit I didn't keep an eye on but I do remember it being hailed as the Xbox RPG second-coming-of-Jesus, got a 6.5 from 1up and on IGN the average score for it is 7.3.

Being a tad negative but what else will get pwn'd?

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Wii Fit wil get so-so reviews by 'hardcore' reviewers but will sell 100 billion worldwide.

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

^ can't agree more.

I can't really see any others. Possibly Halo 3, there's so much hype that unless the game really is *perfect* then there will be backlash.

4. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Yeah, I can see Halo 3 getting good reviews, but the general feeling is "more of the same"...i don't really follow halo so I dunno...

I can see Smash Bros losing a couple of points if it doesn't have online.

(Are there any AAA PS3 titles coming before 08?)

5. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Halo 3 is going to get great reviews if it at least on par with Halo 2. And even if it were by some miracle to get a crappy score, it will still sell millions

6. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I really liked Wii Fit when I tried it...however, I expect it'll be kind of like Wii Sports. Very good but lacking in content.

I don't think Halo 3 will get extremely good reviews; just pretty good. There'll be a rehashed feel.

Lair I sadly feel will not live up to the hype.

7. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Shame about Heavenly Sword. Can't say I'm surprised about Lair.

8. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Can't really say HS got owned it got 1 average review out of 3.

I think Halo3 will be trash but will be praised and score higher than the holy mother herself..
    I also think lair won't recover from that EGM review.

I think wiifit will be toilet water but will sell millions.

Bless

9. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

Well HS looks great and sounds like the gameplay will be great; IGN's reviews are generally terrible and I usually think the opposite of what they believe. grumble... pitiful score for Tenchu Z...fkers :mad:

Lair & EGM...I can't tolerate EGM, their staff are morons and their reviews are retarded beyond belief. I like how they knock points off a game for being 2d instead of 3d or not having lots of flair because it's 2d. 'hey idiots, that's what 2d games are all about'. That being said, I'm sure Lair is better than what they'd say about it.

Blue Dragon - sorry, I hated that game. I played the demo for 5 minutes before I grew so bored I couldn't delete it off my hard drive fast enough. I know it had a lot of hype due to the staff being a who's who of all stars...Sakaguchi, Uematsu and even Toriyama. But seriously...BD is a horrible rpg. Atrocious even. I will not even purchase the game in a bargain bin for $10.

I couldn't agree more. :D

10. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

^ HS does look great and I loved the demo so I am still gonna buy it no matter what.

I changed the title to go more with what I had intended, I wanted to see what games people thought the media would rag on the most.

11. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I've said it before and I'll say it again; I thoroughly enjoyed Wii Fit at E3. It was actually quite good.

However, I also entirely expect it to follow the trend of all the "Wii" titles; Wii Sports, Wii Play, etc offer very cool concepts but almost no meat on the package; no replay value outside of multiplayer, and you've tried everything in the first hour.

Hopefully there'll be more support for the peripheral, because I could see some pretty cool concepts (Tony Hawk anyone?) with it.

12. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

^ Yea I'm looking forward to it too, if it's half as good as Wii Sports then it'll get more play time than the next gorefest shooter or hybrid 'lets see how many genres we can squeeze in' FPS.
    Then again I've never enjoyed a stagnant industry so I'm automatically going to fall for something new :)