Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fifteen20s

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 9, 2012
I still do and will always love my 2 channel gear.

If I had it to do all over again, I would do a 3.1 instead of 5.1 and use Paradigm speakers

Only conflict i would have is I love my Anthem Statement amp and they do not make a 3 channel.

jkeekij

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2011
If I had it to do all over again, I would do a 3.1 instead of 5.1 and use Paradigm speakers

Only conflict i would have is I love my Anthem Statement amp and they do not make a 3 channel.

Anthem does make a 3 channel amp, it's the MCA30.

----------

What do you use now, a P5?

Fifteen20s

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 9, 2012
Yea, was thinking of the Statement line A2/5 and P2/5

Bit of a back story of why I am such an Anthem fan.

My A5 is 7-8 years old and last summer it failed. I called Anthem tech support and inquired about sending it in for repair. The tech support guy asked probing questions, diagnosed it over the phone and suggested that the needed part was user serviceable if I was up for it. I contacted my local Anthem dealer, ordered the circuit board I needed and swapped it out.

This left the good impression because I was not asking for it to be diagnosed over the phone. I was asking to spend $200ish in shipping for them to fix it and their customer service was like, you can if you want but its not necessary.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.