What/How was your first experience with the iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by biffarino, Jul 16, 2010.

1. biffarino macrumors member

There's A LOT of negativity here at the moment and even more threads being created where people aren't even reading the front page to see if their 'OMG I WANT A BUMPER' thread already exists.

So here's something a little different... It'll probably get lost when everyone makes a post conference thread though :rolleyes:

What or how was your first experience with the Apple iPhone?

Mine was in December 2007 with my Dad's new iPhone. I was a massively sceptical when I first heard Apple were making a phone, especially having no background in that area. I had a Motorola Z8 thing at the time and the difference in pretty much every department was night and day. The operating system was so slick and easy to use, it was everything that made me love Apple comps, in a phone. I Had to have one have had every generation of iPhone since without any regrets or complaints.

That Motorola was a true heap of buggy ****. And a little while back I check to see what firmware updates there for it. None. In god knows how many years. Probably worth keeping in mind when you're lining up your next pop at Apple.

2. vijay007 macrumors regular

I had followed the iPhone closely right from its announcment till its launch day (around June 29th 2007). I had no plans to buy one, but went to an AT&T store to check it out on the launch day evening. It was an amazing feeling to use the iPhone that very first moment. I used it for just a minute and was convinced that this was the future of Mobile phones.

I immediately went to an Apple store which was in the same mall. They had just two 8 GB iPhones in stock and I grabbed one. I have never looked back :D

3. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

My first experience was a really unexpected one. It was a day or too after the iPhone price drop, 2007. I came home from work, and saw that my dad was watching the iPhone how-to's on the Apple website. I asked him why he was watching them, and he said that it was so he can learn how to use his new phone, but right after he said that he said, "or maybe I should just give it to someone who will actually use it."

He hands the phone to me and it was the most amazing thing I have ever used. I spent the next few hours just playing with the phone and going through all the settings just to see what they do.

Then he comes in my room and says, "oh, by the way, I'm gonna need you to pay for some of the phone." lol, so I ended up paying $250 of the $400.