Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Razeus

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
You know what I can't stand about my precious? The dag-gone app developers that have the nerve (and greed) to charge 2x to triple the price for the app.

Things. I've been wanting to buy the app for the iPhone. So I figured, I'd get it for the iPad and sync them. Wait...$10 for the iPhone version. $20 for the iPad version. To top it off, the apps don't even sync between devices!

Beejive. A favorite on my iPhone. And now they want another $10 for my iPad. What?

Plants vs. Zombies. $3 on iPhone. Over triple that on the iPad. Fail.

Lack of good free apps period. Damn near ever app I have I seem to have paid for. There's a stark contrast in that in my payments for the iPhone apps.

To top it off, iPad app developement seems to have come to a halt. 6 weeks with my precious and I'm looking for stuff and nothing.

Some dev's need lessons on how to gain and keep customers. Good grief.

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
The new iPhone has taken the wind out of the sails of iPad app development for now I think. That's probably going to change once the iPhone is old news again and more adopt the iPad.

As to your question of cost, there are many expensive iPhone apps as well that started out at $9.99 or higher and then dropped in price after awhile. The higher price is often justified in my opinion, as the larger screen allows additional functionality that is not practical on the iPhone.

MrWillie

macrumors 65816
Apr 29, 2010
Starlite Starbrite Trailer Court
Well customers are people/companies that PAY for goods and services. Higher price for iPad ? That chaps my ass too. They put the 'hd' label on it and Jack up the price. HD ? Really:rolleyes:. $10 for plants vs zombies, so not on my machine.
Not all developers gouge, but the ones that do...

Razeus

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Well customers are people/companies that PAY for goods and services. Higher price for iPad ? That chaps my ass too. They put the 'hd' label on it and Jack up the price. HD ? Really:rolleyes:. $10 for plants vs zombies, so not on my machine.
Not all developers gouge, but the ones that do...

Ya, I want plants and zombies, but I"m gettign it for the iPhone instead. It would look great on a bigger screen, but the price at 3.5x is ridiculous. A few bucks higher, I'd bite, but no.

skate71290

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2009
UK
Having a major restructuring...Macwise at home, and getting 17"MBP and an iPad... but no way am i paying £8.99 for COD5:Zombies... the doubled resolution can't make it look that bad can it? :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.