iPad mini What I Did Notice Right Away Between Mini Vs rMini

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Fissure, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Fissure macrumors 6502

First Mini Gen1 home button was very loose, you could lightly push it without pushing it all the way down and feel and hear the looseness. Read about it here when I bought it last year and was being reported pretty much as being normal.

This new rMini is just like my iPhone 5, solid.

2. mcdj, Nov 17, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2013

mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

As with any aspect of a device produced in the millions of units, there can and often will be differences in individual ones.

Blanket statements like "loose buttons are normal on the Mini" and "rMinis now have solid buttons" are misleading.

I've seen loose buttons, solid buttons, buttons that sound crunchy, buttons that click, buttons that are silent, buttons that sit perfectly flat to the screen, buttons that sit below the screen, and buttons that sit above it, etc. on every ipad version, and iphone too for that matter. It's luck of the draw.

Glad you got a solid button. The next guy may not.

3. Fissure thread starter macrumors 6502

Ya, I dunno, I've owned 3 previous iPads and 4 iPhones, 7 iPhones if you include 3 that were swapped out under warranty due to issues. None of those 10 devices had the loose botton my previous Mini did. Could be a coincidence and what you said makes sense, just not what I've seen from the devices I have owned.