What i find quite funny about the trackpad....

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by anim8or, Oct 14, 2008.

1. anim8or macrumors 65816

anim8or

...Is that for ages LOADS of people have moaned and protested as to why apple have never included TWO buttons on the notebooks, left and right click.

Now they have done away with it completely!

Funny, yes, no?

Whats your take?

2. LinMac macrumors 65816

I love it.

"Your computer needs TWO mouse buttons to work? How.. primitive." :D

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

I take it that we wait until 6 P.M. GMT to find out if the images in question are real.

4. LinMac macrumors 65816

True enough.

I can't wait to see how Synaptic handles the new trackpad if it turns out to be true. Linux on a Mac.. just gravy. :D

5. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I did think of that, although Apple didn't do a great job advertising that the single-button MacBooks could do right-clicking with a trackpad gesture. For the people in the PC world, that was a complete unknown. My previous notebooks had scrolling ability, tap, and double tap, but the trackpad never did anything like right-clicking.

If those rumors are right, I still think that's quite a horrible idea. Sometimes Apple really doesn't understand "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." (Shrunken wireless keyboard, glossy-only iMacs, anyone?)

6. anim8or thread starter macrumors 65816

anim8or

True.

But you have to see the funny side of this point, they have pulled it out of the bag this time, every notebook revision i think i have seen at least one post that says something along the lines of - "When are apple gonna wake up and add a second mouse button on their notebooks"!!!!

Its about as annoying as people who tell me the reason they are put off of macs is because the mouse only has 1 button! I always smuggly reply well its actually got about 4 buttons..... the look on their puzzled little faces as they internally get the blue screen of death is hilarious!

:D

PS to be honest i hope the images are fake... I like to be surprised when watching the keynotes... it feels like a let down when the leaks are real!

7. RavenWinds macrumors member

agreed

im still not sure about that black border around the screen.

8. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

As if someone would use Photoshop to sucker a million people into visiting their Web site................. :eek:

9. anim8or thread starter macrumors 65816

anim8or

Where i agree with the glossy only options they are pulling out on us... i have to say i really like the small wireless keyboard....