What I noticed about my iPhone...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lartymarf, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Lartymarf macrumors regular

No new news.. but wanted to see how others' iPhones are behaving.

I noticed if I use my phone intermittently, it eats very little batt power every so often... duh.. to be expected... and the phone has great standby time. I can, with light use, get 5 hours of usage and a day and a half of standby before hitting the 20% mark.

Now, if I sit on the bathroom toilet and surf the web or check email every 3 minutes, I run out of juice faster than you can say the word "iPhone." I end up running down to 20% just after 15-16 hours of standby time and 3-3.5 hours of usage time.

People get similar behavior?

2. ARH1956 macrumors 6502

The iPhone is highly intolerant of "Potty Surfage".

3. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

I have noticed that heavy usage non-stop seems to limit the amount of use I can get on a full charge. The Bluetooth earbud seems to react the same way.

4. carfac macrumors 65816

carfac

I found that battery time on 1.1.1 seems worse than 1.0.2. On the first, I could go for 2 days, and never see a low batt warning. I upped yesterday to 1.1.1, and took the iPhone off the cradle at 3 PM. By 7 PM, I was at 30-40% left... and I only listen to the iPod for about an hour.

For that and a couple other reasons, I jumped back to 1.0.2 temporarily.

5. GTiPhone macrumors regular

Frequent intermittent use definitely hits the battery harder than longer, single sessions.

Sadly my battery is much worse with 1.1.1 than 1.0.2 :-(, now I'm charging daily rather than every other.

6. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

I'm not so sure it is the battery that is the problem after the upgrade. My feeling is that the battery indicator and timers now may have more accurate parameters. (or less accurate?)

7. ksmith80209 macrumors 6502a

If you are sitting on the toilet for 3-3.5 hrs, battery life is the LEAST of your problems!:)

8. Nukemkb macrumors 6502a

Nukemkb

LOL!

9. Lartymarf thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3A109a Safari/419.3)

I know. I tend to run into bandwidth issues.

10. ~Phi macrumors regular

My battery tends to behave simmilar to that of the OP.

Also, I've noticed that my battery seems to last much longer if constantly connected via wifi as opposed to edge.