What I really need for my iMac - The Clickboard

Discussion in 'iMac' started by hawaiipoolman, Dec 30, 2008.

1. hawaiipoolman macrumors regular

I really hope Phil announces something like this so I can have all that sweet swiping and multitouch for my iMac.

I just photoshoped this real fast, what do you think, would you buy it?
    I would!

Attached Files:

2. youssefm macrumors 6502

That is actually a really good idea, we should have multi-touch capabilities for desktops.. i think if that was sold, i would get it.. i guess it would also replace my mouse if it was a wireless keyboard due to the trackpad

3. pkagel macrumors regular

I'd rather have this on the smaller wireless keyboard instead.

4. MacHappytjg macrumors 65816

agreed but if that were to come out id be kinda mad since i just bought a bluetooth keyboard the other day lol :p

5. Fonzijr1964 macrumors 68000

Fonzijr1964

6. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

I would wait in the same 7 hour line for this as I did for the iPhone 3G. Am I crazy? Maybe... A fanboy? YES!

7. Passive101 macrumors regular

8. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

I would buy one. Seems like something they could implement really easily.

9. pkagel macrumors regular

Totally easily and it would serve me quite well as I could sit with my legs up away from the desk with the keyboard in my lap and never have to reach for that mouse again. I'm loving this idea.

10. hawaiipoolman thread starter macrumors regular

I really could use this, I traded my new MacBook for an iMac, and i hate using a mouse. I loved the new glass trackpad, so I hope Phil has this up his sleeve for one more thing. 8)

I do think that if they did make one of these, it will be the black chicklet illuminated keyboard.

11. petermcphee macrumors 6502a

petermcphee

12. hawaiipoolman thread starter macrumors regular

here is another mock up I made.
    http://i42.tinypic.com/2z7ftbn.jpg

[​IMG]

13. bregetabond macrumors newbie

bregetabond

I really do hope that the above image is what apple will bring out! It would make perfect sense for this to happen!

14. inigel macrumors regular

inigel

I think this is one of the best fan-made ideas ever. Reminds me of the old Microsoft Windows Media Centre keyboard from 2005. Had a little mouse control and was great for media centres.

15. petermcphee macrumors 6502a

petermcphee

I like this even more. The illuminated keys of the macbook need to be brought to the desktop iMac keyboard.

16. MacHappytjg macrumors 65816

i just realized i have a bunch of extra black keys :eek:

Edit* Damn they dont work with desktop keyboards

17. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

I have been saying for years that I'd want a trackpad as part of a keyboard. Moreso now that I've experienced Apple's trackpads, which are really amazing. I would totally buy this.

18. jvlog macrumors member

hate to be a buzz kill but they did do something like this 12 years ago with the TAM. no multi touch but it came with a trackpad and no mouse, but if apple did this again it would have multi touch though and not look like just a alu keyboard with a track pad glued on the end but i do like the idea
    [​IMG]

19. hawaiipoolman thread starter macrumors regular

do you think apple would ever make anything like this? i am tempted to return to my macbook because my mouse sucks!

20. firestarter macrumors 603

firestarter

I really think you might be right.

I've wondered for a while how Mac developers are supposed to develop apps that use gestures. After all - if you're developing on a Mac Pro or an iMac, you don't have access to a trackpad, and you wouldn't buy a laptop just to test that stuff.

Apple needs a keyboard with a trackpad - it's obvious!

21. semicolons macrumors newbie

Nice!

I think it should replace the number pad, otherwise it would be too wide.

22. nitrotg macrumors newbie

I would miss the numberpad to much.. that's also why i don't wanna get the wireless keyboard when i order my next imac :)

Love the design tho.. especially the black one

23. kurosov macrumors 6502a

I hate it for one reason.

I am left handed, that thing is useless to me unless it is on the other side.

If they released 2 versinos or made it a seperate section/device then i would love to get one.

Personally i think a mousemat with built in multi-touchpad would be better though. even with a pad a mouse is still useful

24. RemarkabLee macrumors 6502a

I like the idea of a seperate pad that can be used as a mouse replacement at either side of the keyboard and therefore be positioned at will for better ergonomics. However for gaming it'll probably be a bit naff!

25. children macrumors regular

ive been using my mouse for 5 years, ive thrown the bundled apple mouse away for my little samsung mouse cos the apple "mighty" mouse sucks so bad.. something like this would be pretty useful and maybe i could finally give my old mouse a rest..