All iPads What I want in an iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dgdosen, Jul 28, 2013.

1. dgdosen macrumors 65816

dgdosen

Listen up Apple -

I'm over 40! and while I love my iPhone and iPad in all their retina glory, I still think these devices are root cause to my vision getting poorer and my eyes getting tired, faster. You might think tough luck for me, but you'l all see these issues as you get older. Wouldn't you want a device that's healthier for your long-term eyesight?

Conversely, I don't have this kind of problem with an eReader. I use an Aura Pro (like a Kindle Paperwhite, but just a bit bigger and HDer) and the text and front lighting of these things makes them very easy on the eyes for long periods of time. The only problem with ePaper eReaders is that they suck for everything other than the screen. They're black and white, slow to redraw, and while they may have apps, they have no useable apps.

So here's my challenge - for the sake of being able to keep your customers for decades as opposed to mere years, make a front lit iPad and make it as fast as the one we have today. You can do it. I marvel at the iPad mini and iPhone compared to what was state of the art five or six years ago. Why not spend the next five years and fix this problem for me.

Thanks in advance...

2. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

I'm sure TimCook is reading this right now and is issuing orders to the iPad guys as we speak.:p

3. neutrino23 macrumors 65816

Not sure what to tell you. I'm over sixty and the iPad works just fine for me. In your forties is definitely when the lenses in the eyes start stiffening up.

4. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

Shrink is right. Tim Cook and company will not read this thread. Why in the world do people, specially those that have been around on this forum for a good while think Apple reads this ? If you want Apple to know your feeling, please write them a letter. However, they still will not do what you ask. They provide hardware for the maxis, not for a few people. I'm 68 now, and wear glasses, whether in using a cell phone, tablet or full fledge desktop or HDTV.

;) :D

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

In five years, somebody (not necessarily Apple) could very well come up with technology that combines the best of e-ink and LCD while ditching all their drawbacks. Or it might take twenty years, or it might be never.

You can't hurry technology just because someone wants something. If we could, we'll already have warp travel, universal translator, and transporters.

6. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Don't forget hyposprays, replicators, androids and holodecks. :)
    Seriously, Apple isn't here to cater to your needs OP. Also, the ipad isn't the only tablet out there. Additionally, e-readers are different beasts than tablets.

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

They're not listening, as this isn't an Apple forum. If you want Apple to listen, use their feedback page.

I've been looking at computer screens for over 40 years, I'm typically looking at a screen for 12-16 hours/day, and I recently got an iPad Mini. I've been very pleased with it, but of course, I use appropriate lenses. You may find you like your iPad more after a visit to your eye doctor and get a proper prescription.