What I want...Iphone Passcode lock

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Trickyt405, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Trickyt405 macrumors newbie

Hello all... I am new to the forums. I don't know about everyone here. But I use the passcode lock feature on my iphone a lot. My iphone has a lot of information on it, and if it does get into the wrong hand temporarily, I like to have my passcode lock. Also in conjunction with this I use the auto-lock to lock my iphone. But I have now turned the auto-lock off and I hate it. I can't even explain how bad this drains my battery. It's a real nuscance to have to hit the top button, especially with my case. Not only that but I like the auto-lock because if I leave it somewhere it will lock and keep anyone out. I just wish it had a 10 minute auto-lock function. Is this something that jailbreaking your iphone will let you do? Thanks everyone for the help.

2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Not sure about the jailbreaking thing, but why not just set the auto-lock to 5 minutes? I wouldn't imagine having the auto-lock to 10 minutes would be that great on your battery either.

3. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

Auto-lock is different than require passcode.

Auto-lock will "lock" your phone and prevent you from touching buttons, but it will not require a passcode to unlock the phone. You can set the require passcode time to be 15 minutes.

Honestly, you have a crummy case if you can't easily press the lock button. Also, it's expected that you will drain battery if you don't lock it.

4. iMacDragon macrumors 65816

iMacDragon

I'm pretty sure something like that can be setup with the corporate configuration utility.

5. sinsin07 macrumors 68030