What I want to see in Time Machine

Discussion in 'macOS' started by JSchwage, Feb 15, 2008.

1. JSchwage macrumors 6502a

JSchwage

I'm a big fan of Time Machine and it has saved my butt multiple times in the past couple months. There's something missing though.

At the moment, Time Machine is tied to the Finder for browsing backups. Wouldn't it be really nice if Time Machine had an API and could be integrated into applications?

For example, you have iPhoto open and want to restore an old photo. You launch Time Machine, but instead of showing the Finder, the photos would be displayed right in iPhoto. That way you could even recover full events at a time.

I can also see Time Machine integrating well with 1Password. Accidentally deleted a password in 1Password? Open Time Machine and it displays the 1Password window where you can look back into how 1Password might have looked in the past.

Anyway, just my two cents.

2. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

You can recover full iPhoto events in Time Machine as is .. It was shown off by Steve,when he did the Time Machine demo ...

3. JSchwage thread starter macrumors 6502a

JSchwage

Oh wow. I didn't remember it doing that. Either way, I'd still like to see an API developers could use.