What I want to see...

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by strausd, Jul 15, 2010.

1. strausd macrumors 68030

2. Chilla Frilla macrumors member

Chilla Frilla

You made me double check the store page LOL, 500 days now is beyond ridiculous.

3. strausd thread starter macrumors 68030

Haha sorry. It seriously is, they have never taken this long for an update before.

4. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

Hey, don't forget to change the logo to the new Apple black logo to signify the new case design change. ;)

5. strausd thread starter macrumors 68030

Haha good point :)

With the new rumor today, this might actually become a reality pretty soon!!

6. slughead macrumors 68040

slughead

No way, they're going back to the rainbow apple

[​IMG]

7. Roman23 macrumors 6502

Dont; Believe It!

A rumor is just that.. a rumor.. I bet 100 dollars it won't happen.. not now, maybe after summer close to the end of september.. I still think Apple should move on to the next best thing.. the hexcores don't offer that much of a significant upgrade.. in fact, if someone can help me, I can develop an efi flash utlity to flash the microcode from the 2010 to a 2009 - that way all westmere processors of B1 stepping will work.

8. WardC macrumors 68030

WardC

I would double-check your Geekbench results on the 8-core 2.93GHz vs. the 2-core X5680 chips. The 8-core 2.93GHz Mac Pro is scoring about 16,000 while the 12-core X5680 systems are scoring above 28,000!! I would definitely consider that a significant upgrade!!

2.93 GHz X5570 8-core Mac Pro (highest config now available from Apple):

[​IMG]

3.33 GHz X5680 12-Core Hackintosh Running Mac OS X:

[​IMG]

I think this proves the 6-core chips DO offer SIGNIFICANT improvement over the older 8-Core Nehalems.

9. WardC macrumors 68030

WardC

This would be nice....

[​IMG]

10. strausd thread starter macrumors 68030

Good point. But I don't think Apple will put two xeon 5680s in the MP considering they don't do two 5580s now. But I would love to be proven wrong on this :)

11. Roman23 macrumors 6502

What I'd like to really see...

is an end to these monotonous rumors until someone really has VALID proof to backup what they hear... I have a friend of mine who works at Apple in Towson, MD. He is a manager and a good friend of mine(the bastard couldn't even get me a job there because he has to follow procedures and not show favoritism).. Then again, getting into Apple is like getting into Harvard or Princeton..

But I will ask him about his thoughts on the mac pro for 2010.. and IF he provides me with information.. I WILL Pass it along to you all either in a link or leaked information.. what I will not do: POst rumors.. rumors are nothing but for the most part.. nice tales to tell around the fireplace.. nothing more. And at best 90 percent of the rumors or more than 90 percent are usually fairytales anyway as there is no valid proof or valid information at all to support what is being told.