Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maclover001

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 25, 2008
Vancouver, Canada
Here's what I want the event on Tuesday to be. Although highly unlucky, a boy can dream ;)

First up:
- Rave on about market share and all that stuff nobody actually listens to
- Kill the AirPort Extreme and lower the price of the Time Capsule, maybe make it aluminum. Also add AirTunes.
- Change AirTunes so it works with all apps, not just iTunes
- Aluminum Mighty Mouse maybe?

Next, some subtle iPod Shuffle updates:
- Give it beveled edges, à la 4G Nano

Wootz!! The MacBooks!
--- First up, the MacBook
- New aluminum case
- Thinner design
- Glass trackpad
- All the ports are the same, they are fine how they are
- SuperDrive is now standard
- Smaller bezel around screen, bumped up to 14"
- Two MagSafe "ends" are supplied in the box. One that points straight out, and one that points to one end if you want to run the power cord toward that back of your desk.

--- And now... The MacBook Pro!!
- We have added 0.1" to the thickness, but it will run MUCH cooler now, and it gives us room to add stuff to.
- We now offer two keyboard options: Chicklet-style, and the classic style.
- Glass trackpad
- We now have 4 USB ports standard on both the 15" and 17" models.

--- The MacBook Air no longer sucks
- Choice of 13.3" or 11.2" screens on either model
- Added a second USB port
- 128GB SSD is now standard in the $1700 model. The $3000 model has a 256GB SSD, is 3mm thicker, and has a 2.0GHz processor.

The iMac
The iMac is great. It's thin, it's portable, it's awesome. But whats the point? It just sits on your desk all day!
New features:
- A foldable foot, so it can be easily transported
- A BUILT-IN BATTERY!! Perfect for moving it around the house, and with bluetooth peripherals, there are NO WIRES.

And thats all.
What do you think?

Oh yes, "One more thing..."
"Sometimes we need more life out of our battery. What do we do? Carry an extra one? Keep is plugged in? Plug in an external one? Wait, yes. That's what we're looking for. An external battery! But wait... I'm not lugging around a friggen battery... Or are you? Well guess what...
There is a built-in lithium polymer battery inside every MagSafe power brick? Just plug it into your MacBook and leave the other end unplugged. THREE EXTRA HOURS of battery life!!"

jk111

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2007
Wow, that would be very convenient if the charger brick had an extra battery. Very nice idea! Go tell Apple.

Desamell

Aug 24, 2008
Here's what I want the event on Tuesday to be. Although highly unlucky, a boy can dream ;)

First up:
- Rave on about market share and all that stuff nobody actually listens to
- Kill the AirPort Extreme and lower the price of the Time Capsule, maybe make it aluminum. Also add AirTunes.
- Change AirTunes so it works with all apps, not just iTunes
- Aluminum Mighty Mouse maybe?

Next, some subtle iPod Shuffle updates:
- Give it beveled edges, à la 4G Nano

Wootz!! The MacBooks!
--- First up, the MacBook

- Glass trackpad

- Smaller bezel around screen, bumped up to 14"

- Glass trackpad

- A BUILT-IN BATTERY!! Perfect for moving it around the house, and with bluetooth peripherals, there are NO WIRES.

Oh yes, "One more thing..."
"Sometimes we need more life out of our battery. What do we do? Carry an extra one? Keep is plugged in? Plug in an external one? Wait, yes. That's what we're looking for. An external battery! But wait... I'm not lugging around a friggen battery... Or are you? Well guess what...
There is a built-in lithium polymer battery inside every MagSafe power brick? Just plug it into your MacBook and leave the other end unplugged. THREE EXTRA HOURS of battery life!!"
All these are ridiculous, i mean 14 inch screen who is apple, dell?

ntrigue

macrumors 68040
Jul 30, 2007
I listened to your 'one more thing' with interest. But the other items are garbage and this isn't a Keynote; its just a notebook release.

iToaster

macrumors 68000
May 3, 2007
In front of my MacBook Pro
The iBook had a 14".

But the iBook's 14" was both 4:3 (not the MacBook's 16:10) and 1024x768 (the same as the 12" iBook). Adding .7" to a screen will only make it slightly less sharp seeing as it isn't enough of an improvement to warrant a resolution increase. Secondly, the AirPort Extreme better not be killed... there's be a whole slew of people talking about how they wish there was a cheaper Time Capsule without a hard drive in it because they don't need one. I'm not quite sure what you mean with the MacBook's magsafe... the battery is a good idea, but are you saying you want a MBA styled end? Thicker MBP and keyboard options have a very small probability of occurring. MBA, no way, no standard SSDs of that size, no 2.0 GHz processor (Intel doesn't make a MBA spec'd one). The iMac... no, the point of a desktop is that it sits at your desk, I'd just buy a MacBook (Pro) if I wanted to move it.

Of course, I don't mean to sound harsh, trust me, I'd love most of this if it would happen, but the chances are pretty low of most of this happening.

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
I listened to your 'one more thing' with interest. But the other items are garbage and this isn't a Keynote; its just a notebook release.

+1 on that.

Everything you've (OP) stated is either outlandish ideas or a prototype that will never see the light of day, however, the magsafe power adapter with built in battery is a pretty neat idea, but, surely it would just be easier (and cheaper) to have another battery with you....

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
Some good ideas, especially about MBPs running cooler. T'would be nice.

Although, I must contest: The whole point of the iMac is that it's a desktop replacement - it's meant to replace the tower on a PC, not be a bloated laptop. It doesn't need to be foldable because as a desktop it's already pretty goshdadblammit small.

I'd add
I'd like to see the iSight double as a retinal scanner to prevent thieves from turning it on..

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
MBPs running cooler would probably be welcomed by many, (although mine is pretty cool), and I personally will look forward to the day when the MBA indeed has two USB ports and 128 (or larger) SSD. However, I suspect that is a day which will be a long time coming, a time which will not happen next week.
Cheers

c073186

macrumors 6502a
Nov 2, 2007
How is most of what he said outlandish? A lot of the items are fairly typical (thinner design, aluminum casing, SuperDrive, USB ports...)... And the glass trackpads were rumored so it seems at least possible.

The iMac thing... well, I thought that was a joke. That seems a bit out there.

ironman4life

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2008
Australia
- 128GB SSD is now standard in the $1700 model. The $3000 model has a 256GB SSD, is 3mm thicker, and has a 2.0GHz processor.

Why would apple make the "world's thinnest laptop" thicker? It makes no sense. Wouldn't mind 2.0GHz though and at least 128GB would be nice. Do they make a 256GB SSD.

Osarkon

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2006
Wales
What I want Tuesday's keynote to be.

Canceled.

Imagine the horror, it would be absolutely hilarious. :D

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004
Keynotes happen at conferences, when you have other speaker sessions.

It makes no sense calling something KEYnote when the event consists of a single speech.

anjinha

macrumors 604
Oct 21, 2006
San Francisco, CA
Is there anyway I can have something on my iPhone that tells me what's happening at the keynote? Or maybe email notifications of the important stuff that happens?

Also, what time is the keynote?

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Some of your ideas don't make sense, OP, like the mobile iMac. However, a MBP that is .1" thicker to make it more powerful and cooler would be great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.