What I wished the 4S had and doesn't

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 1984world, Oct 5, 2011.

1. 1984world macrumors 6502

1984world

The big thing I was hoping for was an LED light on top like blackberry. Would have been great. Otherwise, a bigger screen would have been a nice to have, but wasn't essential for me. Coming from the 3gs, this will be big. And the fact that it is a worldphone, has 64gb of storage, that pretty much sold it for me. I purposely didn't buy the 4 last year because they didn't upgrade storage. If this one didn't, I think I would have waited the extra year (in Canada we sign 3 year deals for our phones).....

2. stu212 macrumors member

If you want an LED thing just turn it on in the settings so that the LED flashes when theres a text or something.

3. kappaknight macrumors 68000

kappaknight

Why not just get a blackberry if the light is so important?

4. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

5. stu212 macrumors member

Its in

General>Accessibility and then slide LED Flash for Alerts over to on.

Its in iOS5 though.

6. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Ahhh...that would be why I wasn't aware of it. Oct. 12th can't come fast enough! :D

But I still would have preferred a dedicated notification LED. The camera flash isn't exactly made for that purpose.

7. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

also it would be nice to have white for a phone call, red for a text and green for a email and blue for whatever (Siri feels lonely or such...)

A physical keyboard and a micro usb for charging (will never happen, i know).

I also wish it had a lower price for unlocked phones. And a brushed metal Back (this I guess will be a cheap do it yourself kit soon).

8. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

A micro-usb adapter is being released for the Euro market. I'm sure they'll be available to others online.