What I would really like..

Discussion in 'iMac' started by macmastersam, Nov 7, 2011.

1. macmastersam macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

What I would really like for apple to make is a 21.5" thunderbolt/ cinema display for those with 21.5" iMacs. I also think this should be priced at £600/$800 any other Ideas?

2. MacAddict1978 macrumors 65816

Hmm.

The 27" is the same display that the 27" iMac has. If they offered a 21.5" (they're not going to, they stopped the multi monitor sizes), it would also probably be the same exact display at the 21.5" iMac.

So... if you're willing to drop $800 on an over priced monitor, why not just toss out an extra hundred and get a refurbed iMac instead and use it as a monitor and extra storage or as a server of some kind?

You basically are just buying a gutted iMac. The only real benefit is that it has a Thunderbolt port... which is going to be in use out the gate. People don't get that it's just a port, or more like an extension cord. It's now powered as it is on the computer, so you can't daisy chain any more devices that the main computer can support anyway.

3. derbothaus macrumors 601

derbothaus

Not all iMac LCD's are the same as the Cinema display's. Please check out prior to buying. Some of the Core 2 Duo iMac's used TN panels that go negative when viewing from the bottom up. They may have up'd the quality but there may be small differences like the 21.5" is e-ips (6-bit + dither) and the 27" is h-ips (8-bit proper)

4. deafgoose macrumors regular

deafgoose

I would also like if Apple made a 21.5" thunderbolt display for different reasons.

I currently have two 27" thunderbolt displays running on my mac mini. To be honest, its a bit much. I think two 21.5" displays would be perfect for a dual monitor setup.

5. EricT43 macrumors regular

I agree, even with a single 27" I have to practically turn my head to go from one end of the screen to the other.

6. macmastersam thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Tbh with you guys, when you get the mac mini, it looks better with the 27" TB/cinema display, but most of you probably don't want to spend £900 on a monitor, so you are forced to go with another equivalent display, unless you can be bothered to fork out another £900 on a monitor. But by the Time you buy one of them, the mac mini plus apple display will come to £100 more than the base model 27" iMac. So a 21.5" display would be the perfect display for the mac mini, otherwise you are pawing for what would be an underpowered iMac + £100 on the price tag. Unless apple do a bundle deal where you pay £1200 for a base model mac mini plus apple display?