What if Apple put out defective power adaptors on purpose?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by muskratboy, Oct 16, 2008.

1. muskratboy macrumors 6502

what if Apple purposely put out defective adaptors to get all the iphone owners to drop by the stores just when the new laptops are coming out, so they get a chance to see the sweet unibody and other (non-firewire related) features and get all hooked and have to buy one right then and there?

is it worth the 85 cents (or whatever deal they get when they order 6 million) a person to sell a few laptops?

devious!

2. ec51 macrumors 6502

Um, I dont think Apple would risk burning someone's house down to sell a few MB's. :cool:

3. Flhusky macrumors 6502a

Flhusky

...and being alot of people are doing mail order replacements. They aren't a lot of bodies in the store.

4. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

5. deimos256 macrumors 6502a

first off a prong in an outlet would not burn down a house, in addition to being an electrician im a firefighter, and you would have to be a class A schmuck to be able to burn down your house under them circumstances. Second even being in the stores after the event i still will not buy a macbook, too overpriced for the fact that i cant even play any decent games on it.

6. phaggard macrumors regular

I ordered my replacement on line and it was mailed to me with free shipping for the return. If you add that up it most likely cost them a pretty penny to process etc.

But there is a catch. If you don't mail back the old adapter within 10 business days they will charge you $29.95 for the adapter. I wonder how many people will forget to send the adapter back in time? Just like rebates.

7. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

Arggh! I electrocuted myself!!!

But, heeeyyyy...Check out the new MacBooks!

8. thomahawk macrumors 6502a

thomahawk

lol! nice skit there!
    anyways, No i dont think apple would intentionally make and distribute defective power adapters. thats not their style and they dont do stupid things that could waste their money

9. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Highly unlikely, since not everyone that stops by the Apple Store is in dire need of a MB or laptop. Many iPhone owners are PC owners as well...:eek: