What if Dark mode was a iphone 7 exclusive feature ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AVEGA, Aug 8, 2016.

1. AVEGA macrumors regular

AVEGA

I think many people here want a dark mode for iOS but what if Apple decides to make that an exclusive software feature of the iphone 7.

Apple does have a history of highlighting a new feature done via software that is exclusive to new hardware.

For example the iphone 6S has 'selfie flash' which can easily be done on any other iphone, but they choose to make it exclusive to 6S to make it more appealing .

So " Dark mode" is another feature that can easily be done on any phone, but maybe just maybe Apple is holding this feature back to be an exclusive feature for the iphone 7. Would this upset you? Do you think it's likely? The iphone 7 can have a tweaked version of iOS 10 that which has a dark mode that can't be run on other ios 10 ready phones so it might happen.

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

I imagine the only way this would happen (advertised as a flagship feature) is if they move to OLED, as a dark theme would look deliciously slick on that. But it's not like they couldn't offer a watered-down dark mode theme on previous gens too.

3. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

Agreed, there has to be something in the hardware to justify it. OLED would, but that's not rumored until the iPhone 7s at the earliest. I definitely hope iOS gets a dark mode before then.

4. anon.guy Suspended

I have no hope for dark mode. Apple knows how much we want it, they even made ios 10's UI white af everywhere. My bet is that they're gonna make it iphone 7 exclusive, probably releasing some new technology for the screen like the ipad air 2, some "pixel something" crap and say that it's not supported on older devices.

5. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Then this would just be yet another reason for why I jailbreak.

Eclipse 3 and f.lux are better in any case (IMO).