What if I restore the mac? Will I lose the apps.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by aircanman, Feb 22, 2011.

1. aircanman macrumors 6502

So I have just downloaded some paid apps on the app store, what if I restore the computer, do I lose them all.

I am used to a Windows machine where I back it all up etc, but will time machine take care of this?

2. Jolly Giant macrumors 6502a

Jolly Giant

apps from the app store are tied to your Apple ID. you can re-download them free of charge from any Mac as long as you're logging in with the Apple ID you purchased them with.

TM will also take care of this unless you exclude your applications folder from backups.

3. iPhoneCollector macrumors 6502a

iPhoneCollector

yo just have to log ie tho the app store an press "purchases" and redownload all of them

4. aircanman thread starter macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Thanks for the replies. I thought it was similar to iTunes where you can only download music once etc.

5. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Apps are not limited by rules that music industry imposed.

You can re-download any iOS or Mac app.

6. rickyalan macrumors newbie

app store provides once purchase for life, you can download purchased app anytime with correct account which was used for the first time order