what if my OG Iphone breaks 6 months from now?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by amemoryoncelost, Jun 13, 2008.

1. amemoryoncelost macrumors 6502

This is hypothetical, but I'm having an issue with the screen of my iPhone and I've held off on going in because the store is almost an hour away and it's not a BIG deal, but with applecare, my phone should be covered until well into 2009. What's going to happen if I take my phone into warranty. Is the current model completely done with? I pay enough of a phone bill as it is, $10 more a month is just too much. Just kind of wondering if I shouldn't get my phone in ASAP before I get stuck with a 3G model, which would be fine, except the extra $10 a month would not be worth it to me.

care to speculate?

2. earnjam macrumors 6502a

earnjam

Your Original Gangsta model?

They shouldn't make up upgrade. You have a contract for 2 years of service at the agreed upon price.

They shouldn't be able to change it if it's a problem that is out of your control.

Plus, I'm betting they still some stock for repairs and replacement...at least for a while.

3. tritonj macrumors 6502a

i'm sure there is a stock of iPhone replacements. and even if they gave you a 3G one they can't break the contract you signed when you got the phone in the first place.

4. amemoryoncelost thread starter macrumors 6502

seems like it could get interesting, I could either make out good and have a cheaper plan or get screwed and pay more, especially since there is no 3G in my area, ugh! I think I'll just give apple a call next week since I have some questions about my G5 as well...

5. JTyburec macrumors newbie

Don't worry . . .

My OG iPhone went belly up last week (exactly one month before the 1-year warranty was set to expire), I brought it into my local Apple store and they reached into a locked cabinet behind the Genius Bar and took a brand new OG iPhone out of the stacks, transferred my old SIM card, and we re-synched it with my iTunes and I was back in business with my comfy old technology (and service plan). If my local store is any indication, there seem to be plenty of OG models left for warranty exchange.