What if new iMac design was based on iPad mini?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by chanman, May 25, 2013.

1. chanman macrumors newbie

Im talking about the new design that is found on the ipad mini, ipod touch 5, new iPod nano, and iphone 5. the sleek polished aluminum, thin bezels; available as "black and slate" or "white and silver."

My question is this;

What do you think of the idea that the new imacs, macbooks, macbook pros, etc. had this form factor and design. the imacs would have thin bezels and backs, and the color theme popular on the ipad mini. let me know what you think!

2. SMDBill macrumors 6502

I can sort of imagine the look in my mind, but I'd really have to see it on an actual iMac to know if it's something that would create interest. I think that much color on the stand and back of the device would be a lot to take in. The silver is subtle but those bright colors are maybe a bit much for a large device.

I'm sort of neutral right now but I can bet that I'd still want the silver iMac as it is now over something with colors, bezel, etc.

3. ccapman670 macrumors regular

I think that would look awesome, I love the look of my iPhone 5. Pure sexiness.

4. mrmarts macrumors 65816

I wouldn't mind the black design of the ipad mini on the macbook retina and even imac as everything in my rooms is black lol i got a fixation with black i do not know if thats a bad thing.

5. Che Castro macrumors 603

maybe somebody who's good at photoshop can do a rendering for us

6. Che Castro macrumors 603

Here's a Mac Pro with ipad mini iphone 5 black slate

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369693384.198227.jpg

7. Ddyracer macrumors 68000

Ddyracer

They just did a redesign last year so if this ever came to be, we wouldn't see it for a couple years.

8. chanman thread starter macrumors newbie

I think I would that just for the design :D

9. B... macrumors 68000

B...