What if new models would have a possible failure (a la nvidia 8600)?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by snieto2001, Mar 28, 2010.

1. snieto2001 macrumors newbie

Hello. I am waiting (as many people) for new models. In fact, I've bought a refurbished MBP 5 days ago. I have a new point of view: the posibility of a failure of any component, as with the nvidia 8600. I don't know it that problem was apple specific or not. For example, if there would be any refresh this tuesday (I don't say yes or no), I'd probably wait 1-2 weeks more before to buy the new one (yes, I'd be out of the 14 days return period, so I'll keep my refurb mac, but for people that haven't bought it, this can be interesting).

Sergio.

2. Frosties macrumors 6502a

Frosties

3. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

The 8600 problem was a massive problem related to manufacturing by NVIDIA. It won't happen again.

4. PAC88 macrumors 6502

If I like the updated models.. I'll buy one on the first day

I like taking risks. it makes my life exciting.

5. wafl iron macrumors regular

the complementary 1 year apple care should suffice. Even then, it's silly to worry about these things when apple has historically addressed these issues for no additional cost to the user (i think). relax.

6. opera57 macrumors 6502

Personally I wouldn't worry about it, if its a widespread problem and loads start failing then I can imagine apple doing something about it. If you want to be cautious, get applecare and you will be fine for 3 years at least! [​IMG]