What if...OCT 7 and OCT 14

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BowTheMan89, Sep 19, 2011.

1. BowTheMan89 macrumors regular

I really hope it doesnt, but what if October 7th and 14th roll around and no iPhone is released? I know all the rumors are pointing to something happening very soon as far as an event/announcement, but to this point we still have not an ounce of information confirmed..

Apple is clearly on a different time schedule than they have been in the past, i was just wondering what the speculation may be if we see apple miss these suspected release dates.

2. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

No one knows. Only Apple does. Also, there have been countless other threads related to this speculation. Best to try a Forum search for previous discussions on here.

3. lukefinch macrumors 6502

lukefinch

Like we need more speculation :rolleyes:

4. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

I think with the amount of rumors that we have heard that all agree on that general time frame it is fairly safe to say we will see a product the first half of October.

5. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Also WHAT IF dec 21st, 2012 (mayan calendar) is the end of the world??? :eek:

Doesn't change much speculating about future dates though... just let it ride and see what happens ;)

6. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Before June rolled around it was safe to assume that we'd see a new product then. Three months have passed and where has that gone? Every day it seems that there is a new rumor that the iPhone event will be announced that day.

I think we all just need to patiently wait for whatever Apple decides to do. Whether that's in two months or nine months.

7. shandyman Suspended

then i'll just carry on with my life, no biggie :)

8. BowTheMan89 thread starter macrumors regular

I won't, I'll be forced into some iPhone withdrawls. further feeding my addiction to this website. :mad:

9. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

We have several "what if blah blah no announcment blah blah date blah date" threads.

Why did you feel the need to start a new one?

10. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

Roll up! Roll up!

Watch the amazingly spectacular speculator!!

Roll up! Roll up!

11. BowTheMan89 thread starter macrumors regular

Seems to me like there is a very real possibility that nothing happens on those dates, I was simply looking to see what people think may or may not happen, i dont see how this thread is so off base.

Didn't know speculation was so frowned upon in the forums section of a rumors website, I'm not claiming this is front page material.

12. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

speculation is not frowned upon. We have TONS of threads speculating this exact subject. Why not participate in them?

13. BowTheMan89 thread starter macrumors regular

Will do Mr. Forum police, sir. Sorry to disturb your patrol of the forum.

14. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

Then the iPhone 7 will be delayed.

Back in June the rumors were not to the point that they were now. In June everyone just assumed that would be the time. The rumors actually confirmed before hand that it would not.

Every day people on this forum claim this will be the day the invites go out etc... In regards to dates by people on this forum.. it is pure speculation. It is based on hope and nto solid evidence or logic. The rumors have consistently been saying the first two weeks of October.

It also appears the the iPhone is and has been in production... which would line up nicely with an early October launch.

15. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I don't know, what if? Will governments tumble? Society crumble upon itself?

Maybe this?

And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth their merchandise any more:
    The merchandise of gold, and silver, and precious stones, and of pearls, and fine linen, and purple, and silk, and scarlet, and all thyine wood, and all manner vessels of ivory, and all manner vessels of most precious wood, and of brass, and iron, and marble,
    And cinnamon, and odours, and ointments, and frankincense, and wine, and oil, and fine flour, and wheat, and beasts, and sheep, and horses, and chariots, and slaves, and souls of men.
    And the fruits that thy soul lusted after are departed from thee, and all things which were dainty and goodly are departed from thee, and thou shalt find them no more at all.
    The merchants of these things, which were made rich by her, shall stand afar off for the fear of her torment, weeping and wailing,
    And saying, Alas, alas that great city, that was clothed in fine linen, and purple, and scarlet, and decked with gold, and precious stones, and pearls!

I would imagine life would go on, as normal, since it's just a cell phone being released, but I could be wrong.