Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Original poster
Nov 26, 2007
It wouldn't be the first time Apple had launched an amazing beta that they never follow up on. They did it with iWork.com. iWork.com was launched 34 months ago as a beta, and then Apple never mentioned it again. The server still runs great, but Apple's hardly touched it since launch.

Such wasted potential...

Last edited:

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
Since siri is mostly server-side, I have already seen a number of small improvements. I imagine that new functionality will be added the same way. There won't really be any type of announcement; siri will just be able to do more when you ask.

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
Yeah. Only question is... When? Are they going to be updating Siri throughout the year? Or are we going to have to wait for iOS 6 for any Siri improvements? :p

I can't find the article but I thought I'd read somewhere that Siri was being updated pretty regularly already, at least from a response perspective.

Coxey70

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2011
Siri will evolve week by week its such a big part of the way the iPhone is going it must have a team working on it everyday.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Yeah. Only question is... When? Are they going to be updating Siri throughout the year? Or are we going to have to wait for iOS 6 for any Siri improvements? :p

You are lucky

We in the UK have to wait for location and maps you already have it....

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
Please someone with a 4s just ask Siri:

Siri, when your beta phase is over and you get released ?

Wonder what she will say ...

Stealthipad

macrumors 68040
Apr 30, 2010
I have been VERY happy the way it is.

Most happy with the speach to text on messages and emails.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
I hope it gets better, but for me as well I'm happy for now. As a beta it allows me to simplify a lot of what I do day to day.

Obscurelight

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2011
NYC
Right now their siri development team is the biggest division number wise at apple headquarters. They're betting big on SIRI ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.