What if... Space Gray Macbook Pro???

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jsvelte, Sep 18, 2013.

1. jsvelte macrumors newbie

It's not the blackbook of anodized aluminum, but it might strike the balance between something dark that doesn't scratch like black would.

With the iPad mini shell in space gray frontage, the thought of uniformity between the design of product lines seemed like something Apple would do. Maybe just to differentiate the pro line?

Just a thought. Not good enough with photoshop to mock it up though... (hint, hint ;))

2. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

Then...
    [​IMG]

Wait, what was the question again? Nevertheless, questions about different colors for the MBP have probably existed before the aluminum unibody design itself.

3. leman macrumors 604

What about a MacBook Pro C? I want one in pink :D

4. Count Blah macrumors 68030

Count Blah

I would love it. Doubt it would happen, but after 10 years of aluminum, a different option would be nice. Space grey is a ton better than any hideous iPhone 5c colors - yuck!!

5. GSPice macrumors 68000

GSPice

True - it'd be cool to see a change from the aluminum color and a shift to space grey as the new black. Hopefully the Mac Pro is a sign of things to come.

6. johnnylarue macrumors 6502a

Yes.

I'm not a fan of gratuitous fashion moves on my "professional" gadgets. The minimalist simplicity and consistency of Apple designs is a large part of their appeal for me.

But I'll admit that the mockups I've seen of slate/space gray MPBs look dead friggin' sexy. I'd buy one in a heartbeat, and even pay a premium for one (within reason.) I'm not a huge fan of the slightly chunky-black-bezel-on- brushed-aluminum look. I actually preferred the original all-silver look of the Powerbook G4/early MBP. A slate/darker gray case would complement the black bezel + keyboard much more naturally IMO.

Dare to dream...!

7. Mr MM macrumors 65816

Mr MM

don't ever say that, given that I always said that I would buy an iPhone if it came in pink... I'm screwed

anyway I would dig the space black rmbp, would surely want one, hell I want the razer blade

8. eagandale4114 macrumors 65816

eagandale4114

Could you please point me to those mockups. Thanks in advance.

9. Quu macrumors 68020

Quu

I think it is a possibility. Remember the iPad originally had the same visual look as a MacBook Pro. Aluminium curved in a similar way to the back of the MacBook Pro display in the same grey colour.

Now with the iPad Mini it is adopting the iPhone 5 look this makes me wonder if this is a broader approach across their range. We also cannot ignore the Mac Pro which comes in black aluminium. That is probably the biggest indicator yet.

----------

Here is one thread with pictures: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1618440

10. Karpfish macrumors 6502a

Karpfish

I can't even begin to describe how much I want that.

11. johnnylarue macrumors 6502a

Is there a "drool" emoticon? :p

The heartbreaking/dream-killing aspect of this is that we almost certainly would have seen a parts leak of a space gray MBP by now if there was one on its way in the near future... But damn, yes. Want. That.