What if the iPad came out before the iPhone/iTouch?

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by Subkultured, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Subkultured macrumors newbie

I was eating a delicious bowl of Cheerios in the morning when a random thought pranced through the bowels of my brain. This thought asked, "How would the world look like if the iPad was released before the iPhone? The iPod Touch?" I think its a pretty reasonable thought to consider. Since there is so much comparison between the iPad and the iPod Touch, it seems only right to reverse it. How would the iPod Touch be viewed if it were the "mini iPad."

So, thoughts?

2. mingoglia macrumors 6502

I'm an iPod touch user. I'd say if I started with a iPad I would have likely written off a Touch as unusable. It's much easier (IMO) to scale your user experience up than down.

If I was a iphone user and the iphone came out after I would still consider the iphone because after all it's a phone. With that being said I would probably write off the other features as unusable just like I would do for the Touch and would use it exclusively as a "cool" phone that happened to have some other cool features that mimicked my iPad's functionality but at a smaller footprint.