What if there isn't even a camera?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Rocks., Aug 12, 2010.

1. Rocks. macrumors member

Last year there were rumors about a camera, but there wasn't. The only reason I'm waiting is for the camera/Facetime, but if they won't have it, I might as well just buy the 3rd generation iTouch. I can't wait that long!! It's not fair, just announce it in August already, why wait till September! Argh, I can't wait that long. Why wait til everyone is in school before releasing it. Doesn't it make more sense to release it during the summer so people aren't busy with school and everything!

2. iRance macrumors regular

If you care so much about a camera why don't you just buy a FlipHD or something.
    I have the 3GS and I barely use the camera.

3. gdkid2010 macrumors regular

Well if there isn't a camera I would still buy it b/c:
    1. I have a 32GB 1G and I need more storage and want upgrade
    2. (Hopefully) new design - like iPhone4
    3. (Hopefully) retina display
    4. (Hopefully) gyroscope
    5. iOS4

4. Rocks. thread starter macrumors member

Well, it's mostly for Facetime and taking pictures. It would be a fun feature to have, and handy for videochat. In fact, I don't even know how much I would use the cameras, but I would never know until I have it.

5. skiltrip macrumors 68030

I used my cameras on the iPhone 4 a LOT. But that's also cause the HD video on the iP4 is very very nice to look at (despite the lack of image stablization). There's just something about always having a cam and video cam on your person at all times.

That said, I'll be fine whether or not the new ones have cameras on it. I'm primarily buying it for PDA and organizational purposes. With the obvious side benefits of games, internet and email access over Wifi, and all the other neat stuff you can do with it.

6. kernkraft macrumors 68020

kernkraft

The 3G has a slower processor than the latest iPod Touch (higher-storage models). If speed, battery life, having a proper GPS and a better camera with autofocus matters to you, you are better off with the 3GS.

The new iPod Touch might blow the iPhone 3G away. Isn't there an add-on camera for the Touch that uses the iPod connector?

7. Deathlok2001 macrumors member

If no camera, then I think I would get an iPad.

8. SoraLimit macrumors regular

I'm still getting the new iPod touch. Simply put, my current iPod has served its purpose, but it's getting ridiculously slow.

I also appreciate the faster processor, and more RAM. There's a couple of games I want to play that can't be played on my current one.

9. Jay42 macrumors 65816

Jay42

Apple traditionally waits until September to release new iPod models just after their 'back to school' educational promotion ends. This allows them to clear out old stock before the new models arrive. Also, iPods have been big holiday sellers for Apple, so its in their best interest to announce new products towards the end of the calendar year.

10. Peterson8765 macrumors 6502a

Peterson8765

The reason I think Apple waited to put a cam on the iPod touch is to wait until they released their FaceTime service. Apple probably started testing FaceTime in late 2009, and a 2MP camera on an iPod touch wouldn't do much. I am willing to be that Apple will put a Front FaceTime cam on the touch, with a 75% chance of a rear camera.

11. Outrun1986 macrumors 6502

I am sure that is the reason why they waited, they wanted the camera release to be more than just a simple rear facing camera. Everyone has that on their phones, however you do need a rear facing camera for a lot of apps from the app store to work which is why I want it so badly and the fact that I don't have a cell phone. I am not even sure how much the camera would have boosted sales last year if they had released just a simple, 2mp rear camera. Regardless of what will actually happen I think we should get both a front and rear camera since most of us have been waiting since last year for a touch with a camera and this would make up for the wait. Even if it was just a 3.2mp camera on the back, I would be satisfied.

12. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

Well as long as it has the other things I'm expecting it to have (Retina Display, A4, 512MB RAM, etc.) I won't be very angry about the lack of camera. But it will have at least one camera, I guarantee it. :)

13. Derkatwork macrumors 6502

Derkatwork

Which one? Front or back? THe back one would be much better. But upgrading from 1G, regardless of what it has, it is an upgrade for me.

14. saberahul macrumors 68040

Like my cell phone, if there was a camera I would never use it. Will there be a camera? Wait and see as no one can tell you.

15. fel10 macrumors 68000

fel10

I really hope they add at least a rear cam this gen. I'm probably one of the few people who couldn't care less about the Facetime cam. I would be extremely happy with just the rear cam.

16. ademuth93 macrumors regular

Minnesota: Land of the Lakes? You betcha!
    OP: Invalid question. There will be a camera.;)

17. ohaithar macrumors 6502a

ohaithar

There will be a camera on the new touch, I know. I'm from the future.

18. El Cabong macrumors 6502a

Not everyone is in school. The ones who aren't typically have more money to spend.

Get an iPhone.

19. Derkatwork macrumors 6502

Derkatwork

Oh really? Do those worthless windows machines still exist? :D

20. ohaithar macrumors 6502a

ohaithar

Why yes windows still exist.
    Also, Apple will have another WWDC next year around June 7. They are gonna introduce something "revolutionary". =P :rolleyes:

21. Rocks. thread starter macrumors member

Many of Apple customers are still in school though. Plus, if I wanted an iPhone, i wouldn't get all antsy and impatient on this board. I dont want a phone and I don't wanna have to pay for the contract. I just want the ipod.

22. El Cabong macrumors 6502a

Even though parents may buy their children Apple products, they and others who have jobs tend to make their larger purchases, especially when it comes to gifts, around the holiday shopping season. A back-to-school iPod Touch would also have to compete with actual school supplies in people's budgets, so it makes more sense to make an announcement closer to December.

It's simple: If you're dying for a camera and Facetime, and the new Touch doesn't have them (the latter is especially improbable), your only option will be an iPhone.

23. Rocks. thread starter macrumors member

I'm not actually dying for camera and facetime, I would like one if they were to implement the cameras. I just want them to announce the features now so that if they don't have it, I can just buy the 3rd gen and not have to wait. But if they do have retina display/camera, then I will wait. I'm just getting a little impatient, lol

24. iDisk macrumors 6502a

iDisk

Welcome to the forums Newbie, enjoy your stay at the MR Community

25. El Cabong macrumors 6502a

Fair enough :)