What if there was no iPhone 5 this year?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zarmati, Sep 20, 2011.

1. zarmati macrumors member

No , I'm not trolling but what if there was no iPhone 5 release this October (or whatever month it has been said to released)

Yes , we may have had analysts,VP's and anonymous sources telling us that they will release 2 iPhones this year but we have yet to see any concrete evidence on a new redesigned iPhone 5 have we not?

For the past couple of years we have always seen some sort of leaked pictures or details that would reveal something pretty big regarding the upcoming phone. We haven't seen much from the iPhone 5. Im pretty sure the iPhone 5 is being mass produced right now. Im pretty sure that we would have seen a picture by now?

Or , is it that apple is incredibly good at keeping secrets.
    Just wondering.

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

After the iPhone 4 debacle, it doesn't surprise me that Apple has taken additional measures to keep the iPhone 5 under wraps. Assuming there is an iPhone 5...

3. jca24 macrumors 6502a

jca24

Are you effing kidding me??

Go back to your troll hole!

4. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

That "but" says that you are trolling.
    There are plenty of other 'What if' threads to post in.

5. zarmati thread starter macrumors member

Im just raising a question on a subject. Thats not "trolling".

6. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

Interesting thought. It's starting to look like Apple's in trouble and can't get the damn phone or the software out.

7. Cod3rror macrumors 68000

Cod3rror

Many people would be disappointed but at the end of the day they'd go out and buy the redesigned iPhone 4S because there is nothing on the market that offers a user experience, convenience like the iPhone.

Android and everything else is at least two-three years behind.

8. newyorksole macrumors 68030

Did you not see what happened with the iPhone 4? Oh...

9. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

if theres still no indication of a new iPhone by the time the new HTC Mango phones come out, I'll probably be getting one of those

10. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

11. Dandrews524 macrumors 6502

what do you think would happen? we would all just have to wait longer. i dont see riots in Cupertino or anything

12. MagicMouse macrumors regular

MagicMouse

Apple has said iOS 5 is coming out "Fall 2011". Fall in the US doesnt start until September 23... So implying they are behind in releasing the software is a really uneducated statement.

13. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

As much as everyone (including myself) thinks Apple is untouchable at this point, I think it would be a HUGE corporate blunder if Apple doesn't release a completely redesigned device before the holiday shopping season begins. It's a different smart phone world. And as much as I despise android, they are going to get better and better. Apple is known for being on the cutting edge. And that means when the competion starts to gain just a bit of momentum, Apple steps in and knocks them down a few notches. Thats exactly what makes them the Billion dollar beast that they are today, and different from every other company out there. Plain and simple. Not releasing a game changer would threaten every future release of an apple product. People will start not to expect exactly what we've been expecting and subsequently getting since the first iPods. Apple knows exactly when we want, and when it's time to give us something. And that time is NOW....NOW more then ever before. Apple knows this 10000 times more then we do. And trust me, they are not riding on the laurels of the still top selling iPhone 4 and feeling there isn't any need to release something because of the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" theory. No way. That is not the way Apple operates. We WILL have a game changer sooner then later my friends. You can bet the farm on it.

14. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

Money talks. Not a thousand or two mac rumor forum browsers. If the financial department predicts the money is not with the iP4 design you can bet the iP5 will have a different look. If the money is still with the iP4 design, which it is and increasing every month, the design stays.

15. na1577 macrumors 6502a

With slightly less than three and a half months, it would not be completely shocking if there was no new iPhone this year. However, I don't think Apple's investors would be pleased, that's why I'm assuming there will at least be a "4S" phone soon.

16. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

So a friendly bet..Ur pretty positive that given the sales figures of the iPhone 4, the design of the next gen iPhone will not change. And me, I say the exact opposite. I will post the "winner" (which will be me) as soon as we get a confirming word. Which by the way, will be sooner then later. Ill just add ur post to the ever growing list of doubters that will be eating their words. Hope ur hungry.

----------

Oh, and just so we are clear...I was referring to the general public as a whole. Not just MR members. Duh!

And I think there are about 300,000 members on MR.

17. ad2435 macrumors member

aapl is expanding overseas to cover any disappointments in the usa. it is a win-win. go appl.

18. Minhthien macrumors 6502

Doesn't matter BECAUSE I'm still in-love with my iphone 4!

19. Ayman250 macrumors member

Ayman250

If you think about this from a logical standpoint. Apple having already delayed the release and their stocks at an all time high. The iPhone 5 will be released and soon.