What if you bought 2 iPhones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MattyMac, Sep 6, 2007.

1. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

What if you bought two iPhones...two gift cards???

I actually kept one for myself and sold one to someone else. I don't mind having two $100 store credits:D, but I also don't want to be greedy.

What do you think apple will do in a situation like that? I guess we will find out next week.

Either way, Apple and Stevers you are the best!

2. JasonElise1983 macrumors 6502a

JasonElise1983

if they give you the second one...you should in turn give it to the person you sold it too. But that's if it's a gift card. If it's store credit...that's a little more tricky. Just my 2¢ though.

-JE

3. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

what about us ebayers?
    i did get the original reciept but will i still get the $100?

4. drater macrumors 6502a

drater

what does the receipt say? if its a credit card I'm sure they will want to see the card. However, details are not out yet. They will be sometime next week. So it might be just that you have an iPhone account, they might want a receipt, who knows.

5. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

its credit :(

youd think they did it with whoever activated it.

edit: just got off the phone with apple.
    the rep said probably, although he doesnt know for sure. he said as long as i have the reciept i SHOULD be fine... promising.. sort off..

6. jersey macrumors regular

I really hope its as easy as bring in our reciept ........ but think about those ebayers who have sold like 20 phones, they could score $2k. I wouldnt be surprised if Apple limits it to something like 4 phones per person unless you can prove you bought, and didnt resell, more.

7. Readma macrumors newbie

The moral of the story is to not buy hardware like this off ebay. It just encourages scalpers to buy out more to sell when the stores run out of stock. If people stop buying from them then they will go away. It is only fair that they get the store credit for all the phones they buy.

8. technicolor macrumors 68000

technicolor

They will probably go by activation. Did you activate 2 phones? I dont think ebayers are going be out of luck.

9. sblasl macrumors 6502a

sblasl

I agree, it will go back to the activation as Steve said that those who had purchased from the Apple Store or AT&T Store would be taken care of. Only way to be able to process both type of customers would be via activation.

10. ndriver182 macrumors 6502a

Why should you care? You didn't end up with the phone did you? If anybody should get the credit it's the person who bought it from you. Unless you sold it at a loss... then maybe I'd feel some sympathy.

11. DeuceDeuce macrumors 6502a

DeuceDeuce

I think he bought his off ebay...

12. MattyMac thread starter macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Nope, I only activated my iPhone and sold the other. It would be smart of apple and I'm sure they will go by activations. Oh well..I guess I won't luck out and get the two credits.

13. badtzmaru macrumors 6502

wow good question, i have two receipts. one was a gift, one was for me. haha i guess i get $200!

14. sblasl macrumors 6502a

sblasl

You activated both phones? The credit is going to go with the activation.

15. MattyMac thread starter macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Hopefully we will find out the answer very shortly...its pretty much Tuesday already.

16. guru_ck macrumors 6502

I know im getting anxious. I sold my Dell laptop a couple days ago to get a MBP... Dont know how much longer i can hold out for this credit... Plus the free ipod offer for edu expires this weekend!