What if you have a Co-Signer?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Garrett, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Garrett macrumors regular

Will I need him to come to the store when I buy the phone? I pay the bill, its under my name.

I haven't ready any answer to this, and I don't want to wait 15 minutes to talk to some computer through AT&T.

:apple:

2. rolex54 macrumors 6502

I would think that they would, you are signing a new contract and if you must activate in the stores (dumbest idea ever) then that person will most likely need to be there.

3. alejovh1 macrumors regular

if you don't have credit I think you may have to buy the line on someone's else name, make sense?

4. tritonj macrumors 6502a

you make it sound like in store activation is a new thing, that is how the business has been doing it for years.

5. Garrett thread starter macrumors regular

Please don't go off topic, I just need a simple answer, thats all. :eek:

6. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

Activation in stores is NOT a new thing if you are paying full price for the phone.

7. PAH Mac macrumors member

I was wondering about this too since my account is actually in my wife's name. I noticed that when the account holder is logged into AT&T they can add a "retail authorized user" to the account. This person is authorized to make changes to the account in a retail store. It would seem that if you have your parent/spouse add you as a retail authorized user that they would not need to go to the store with you. I am going to be on a business trip when the new iPhone comes out and am hoping to snag one on my trip. I realized this could be a problem since the account is not in my name. Hopefully this should take care of it.

8. Garrett thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you! I was already an authorized user, and didn't know it. Now I can sleep at night!