Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pismodude2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 22, 2008
MacWorld
What if Apple made the rumored 'iPhone Nano' a contract-free GSM cell phone? Apple has a history of seeing what consumers want and delivering based on that, and this is definitely what a lot of people want.

They wouldn't be breaking it's agreement with AT&T, since it technically it wouldn't be an iPhone, but we could all use it with whichever carrier we want! Sort of like a GoPhone version of the iPhone. Everyone wins (except parasitic AT&T)! :D

Anyone think this is possible except me?

imaketouchtheme

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2007
What if Apple made the rumored 'iPhone Nano' a contract-free GSM cell phone? Apple has a history of seeing what consumers want and delivering based on that, and this is definitely what a lot of people want.

They wouldn't be breaking it's agreement with AT&T, since it technically it wouldn't be an iPhone, but we could all use it with whichever carrier we want! Sort of like a GoPhone version of the iPhone. Everyone wins (except parasitic AT&T)! :D

What if......they didn't.

That's not going to happen.

zainjetha

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2007
Well this wouldnt remove the demand for the iPhone3G... A different set of market will buy it. People would still buy the iPhone3G, buy it and unlock it.. Not happening by a long shot. Sorry to put you down. Totally unrealistic.

philgilder

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2007
UK
What if... people didn't post about the same thing 3 times in one day, where the earlier thread is in plain view, without the need to even bother searching

and

What if... people posted threads with useful titles?

Oh no, thats too easy and obvious

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level

lol a midrange mac comes to mind:rolleyes:

Sobe

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2007
Wash DC suburbs
What if...

Apple built all their own cell towers and cell networks across the globe.

Yeah stupid parasitic companies.

nick9191

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2008
Britain
lol a midrange mac comes to mind:rolleyes:
He said what consumers want, not a couple of hundred mac geeks.

They technically could do it. Just like OS8 was licensed to clones, so Steve changed the name to OS9 therefore ending their license.

Will they do it? No. Not now not then not ever again.

pismodude2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 22, 2008
MacWorld
What if... people didn't post about the same thing 3 times in one day, where the earlier thread is in plain view, without the need to even bother searching

and

What if... people posted threads with useful titles?

Oh no, thats too easy and obvious

Name the other threads, bub.

Those iPhone Nano threads are totally different, my topic is about whether or not the iPhone Nano will be locked to AT&T, and if anyone can see Apple saying 'screw you' to AT&T and making a contract-free iPhone.

I don't care about what the possible iPhone Nano's features and physical appearance will be like, I just wanted to discuss the service options.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.