what if...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by 5DollaFootlong, Jun 6, 2009.

1. 5DollaFootlong macrumors 6502

5DollaFootlong

lets say that my hard drive failed. the genius bar would need to reinstall leopard on the replacement hard drive. if snow leopard was already out, would they install leopard or snow leopard on the replacement drive

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I'm sure they would replace it with Leopard. Because you only have restore discs for Leopard. They wouldn't give you a new OS if you don't have the actual discs yourself, because you wouldn't be able to do any maintenance yourself.

3. NinjaHERO macrumors 6502a

NinjaHERO

Definitely the original OS. My Ibook came with the previous OS (I don't remember what was before Tiger). I updated to Tiger from a friends disc. When my harddrive failed and I had it replaced they made me bring in my discs to prove I had it, otherwise they would install the previous version. Needless to say, I bought Tiger (friends disc no longer available).

4. 5DollaFootlong thread starter macrumors 6502

5DollaFootlong

5. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

If the Hard Drive was bad, they give whatever you say you already had on it. I know when my Leopard disc scratched, I called up and they gave me a new one, no proof needed. I'm sure you could SAY you had Snow Leopard, otherwise just hope you get a nice genius.

6. messedkid macrumors 6502

messedkid

Sorry your little scam won't work. :rolleyes:

7. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Why?
    Did you pay for Snow Leopard or Leopard?

I bought my first Intel Mac two weeks before the release of Leopard, and for 9€ they send me an Upgrade DVD from Tiger to Leopard.

So, why should they give you something for free?

8. 5DollaFootlong thread starter macrumors 6502

5DollaFootlong

hahahaha little scam i love it its not like i purchased a $1500 computer or anything

it was just a question by no means am i trying to force the geniuses to give me snow leopard

9. gibbz macrumors 68030

Neither would you have purchased a new operating system