What I'm looking for in a case... does this exist?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by stewie1, Oct 3, 2014.

1. stewie1 macrumors member

I want a wallet case, but without a wallet. I don't need to carry cards with my phone, but I want to protect my screen. I don't care which direction the front flap goes, whether vertical or horizontal.

I want something lightweight and thin. Don't need a hard protector over either the back or front of the phone. I'm not terribly worried about drop protection.

I want something that can disguise the fact that I have a mini computer in my hand when I'm walking around with it... something that might look like a notebook.

I want nice leather or another type of material that can take a beating.

In my mind I have an image of something like the Sena pouch, but that flips up to provide easy acess to the screen. Sena's wallet cases just seem too bulky for me.

Does anyone have any ideas where I might look for something like this?

Thanks all!

2. Xultar macrumors 6502a

Xultar

3. Kisey macrumors 6502a

When you said notebook, I immediately thought of Portenzo. They used to have an Alano Slim version, but I am not seeing it on the website right now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ntvs0Lt9V0

4. nycxaxez macrumors member

I just ordered the Alano Collection case from Portenzo. It seems to fit pretty much every criteria you mentioned. I was looking for almost exactly what you asked for - I wanted a folio style case but without pockets for cards, which can add bulk. While Portenzo does sell a wallet case, the Alano Collection is essentially the wallet without the pockets. They're all handmade from leather, and seem to look pretty amazing. I did a lot of research and a lot of people have great things to say about their cases. They're pricey but I'm willing to pay extra for quality.

One thing that seems to be cool is that it is a 2-part case. A small case goes around the iPhone, and that attaches magnetically to the folio leather case. Allows for much more flexibility. I was worried that I would have to fumble with the folio case all the time, like when talking on the phone or taking pictures. I think I'll appreciate the choice while using it.

I even reached out to their customer service for a request. I wanted them to add their Intellistand, which allows the case to stand on its own in landscape mode. They were happy to make the custom addition.

I can't recommend it yet, because I'm still waiting for its arrival. But it's the most high quality case I've ever bought, and I'm super excited. Check it out!

http://shop.portenzo.com/alano-collection-for-iphone/

5. stewie1 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks everyone. I have bought from Portenzo before and can vouch for their excellent customer service. Durability is a question for me though... My wife's wallet book was falling apart after just half a year.

The Nodus cases look great too... I only wish the front flap was thinner. Might consider a preorder on this since there's a nice discount.

Wish I could see a "mega- review" with all the cases side by side to get a better review of the bulk they add.