What I'm really hoping for at WWDC '11

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by GimmeSlack12, Jun 2, 2011.

1. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

I know there is already talk about iCloud, and iOS 5 and what not. That's great but to really get down to my biggest 'wants' from WWDC you have to have a bit more imagination. I'm really REALLY hoping for a recap of the sales figures from the past couple of months. Seriously, tell me exactly how many iPad 2's you've sold, get me up to speed with how Magical it truly is.

And then I want to be hit with graphs showing the number of iOS devices last year and how many this year. Give me the nitty-gritty on how many apps have been purchased since WWDC '10 and have a few slides showing a collage of the most popular apps that I've had on my iPhone since I had my 3GS.

Hey, while they're at it tell me again that the BEATLES are finally on iTunes! Tell me how many times they've been downloaded. I want to know, and I know I'm not alone.

I am just restless to hear about all of the stuff that I THINK I don't want to know about, but honestly I do.
    :D

2. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

3. hollerz macrumors 6502a

hollerz

lol.

I think you'll get your wish GimmeSlack12 ;)

4. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

Why the hell would someone want to know all these totatlly unnecessary things?
    I would prefer to hear that Lion is ready and that iOS will have an exposé view, a fully revamped notification system and better Mail, Calendar and Internet browser apps. I don't care if Apple sold 300 million iPads...I want to also see Steve Jobs in better shape than before. Maybe he could gain some weight.

5. weendex macrumors newbie

I also am mostly looking forward to finding out if the iPad 2 has been revolutionary or not.

6. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

honestly I am dreading them announcing the sell numbers because then I have to listen about the fanboys/girls go on and on at this is why Apple is great.

I honestly could not care less about those numbers as I want to see what new tech and changes to the OS they are bring. Sale numbers are only for investors and fanboys but other wise useless for a keynot in my book.

7. GimmeSlack12 thread starter macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Oh, and I forgot to add: hopefully there are demo's from App developers regarding their apps that I'll never buy/use.

8. *LTD* macrumors G4

*LTD*

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; U; CPU OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

You do sarcasm like my mother does goulash. Masterful. *sniff*

9. GimmeSlack12 thread starter macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

About freakin' time!

To the other replies that clearly didn't get it: You'd catch cold before you ever catch a clue!

10. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

You don't think developers care about sales numbers?

11. Mkiley0598 macrumors newbie

Do you work for Microsoft??????? WTF

12. SevenInchScrew macrumors 6502a

SevenInchScrew

You might need to recalibrate....

[​IMG]

13. Mac Addiction macrumors newbie

What I Want

More than Lion or iOS5, I want to see the new Final Cut. It looks really nice and easier to use. Just purchased a new iMac 27inch with an i7 configuration. Im really excited to see how well Final Cut X (thats what I think its called?) will run on my iMac.

14. Objector macrumors member

I am hoping the BTS-promo will finally be released and that the rumors about the iPad discounts are true!

15. GimmeSlack12 thread starter macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Say what you want guys, but I just want to be bored to death by opening banter.

16. AppleScruff1 macrumors G3

AppleScruff1

I'd like to see Steve announce his retirement at WWDC. That would be big.

17. paduck macrumors 6502

Of course the irony here is that Steve will give us exactly that before he transitions into the Next Thing We Must Have.

18. RayK macrumors 6502

That would overshadow the entire event. Best to keep hopes high for such an event. You want the press talking about the products not the man.

19. *LTD* macrumors G4

*LTD*

Won't happen. Especially not at an event like this. It's completely counter-productive.

20. reactions macrumors 6502

reactions

do u guys cringe when they clap and woot whenever steve jobs explains a not so exciting feature?

21. reactions macrumors 6502

reactions

i'm sure he will talk about the # of apps sold and ipads sold to make a point of how huge the tablet market is now.

22. GimmeSlack12 thread starter macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Exactly. I'm about 100% sure I'll get what I've asked for ;)

23. AppleScruff1 macrumors G3

AppleScruff1

That is on the lame side. Cheer for the big things, but hold back on the power buttons, etc.

24. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Only fanboys care about them, didn't you know that!:rolleyes:

25. GimmeSlack12 thread starter macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Man, I really nailed it with my hopes and wishes for the keynote. When Forstall took the stage, I got numbers of units sold, how much money was made, and some big beautiful charts. Best. keynote. ever.