What I'm thinking the next iPhones will have

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cyruslemont, Jul 9, 2010.

1. cyruslemont macrumors newbie

People's guesses now, not just mine, I'm trying to place them in the right years though:

For iPhone 5 (2011)
    -Increased storage capacity (Up to 64GB),
    -Same retina display, maybe widescreen finally
    -It will either be called iPhone HD, iPhone L, iPhone V or something cool haha
    -Small design fixes
    -Camera moved up to 8MP, Same flash
    -Improved battery
    -iOS 5 most likely, I have no idea what they will have in that
    -Bluetooth 3, they may call it iBlue and it'll be a new app built into the OS made specifically for iPhone 5 and you'll finally be able to share 'CERTAIN' files between people
    -Files app from iOS 5 which will be for all iPhones which allows you to carry anything you want, wherever you want, it'll have some slogan like that
    -30pin connector USB 3 compatible which allows for super fast syncing

For iPhone 6 (2012)
    -Increased Storage space (Up to 128GB) maybe even use of the new SDXC cards
    -Some crazy new processor, 1GB of ram
    -Larger screen
    -HDMI output slot
    -Thinner design
    -Added Xenon flash
    -All new design
    -Led notification light
    -Full HD recording (1080p, although I don't think that's going to be full HD much longer)
    -Improved antenna cell phone chip (I think it's called CDMA?)
    -Built FM radio (iRadio? lol)

For iPhone 7 (2013)
    -Screen is capable of changing texture
    -10MP camera

For iPhone 8 (2014)
    -iPhone will have some sort of 3D capabilities
    -12MP camera
    -High tech eye tracker which allows you to control certain things on the phone (my dream haha)
    -Holographic video chat (Telstra has already proven this is possible, just in prototype form at the moment)

anyways feel free to tell me what you think will be in the next iphone and give me the year as well, and I'll add it in so everyone can just look at the top :)

btw I live in Australia so no iPhone 4 yet :( but I'm pumped to get one, I jumped up like a little girl when I was watching the live blog when they first announced it haha.

2. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

I don't see 128GB in 2012, at the rate this is going. I agree on iPhone 5, other than the "thinner" part. I think the design will be the same. iPhone 6 will probably have an all new design, and some more groundbreaking features.

3. cperchard macrumors 6502a

an hdmi out is the only other thing i would ever really want in the phone.....i love everything else about my iphone 4

4. cyruslemont thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah maybe thinner design for 2012, I think we will have 128GB in 2012, SDXC cards go to 2TB so maybe :) anything in particular you want me to add?

5. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

Hmmm... Let's see now.

My first generation MacBook Pro ran _HOT!
    2nd gen a bit cooler
    3rd gen a little better

My first gen iPhone ran quite warm.
    2nd gen a bit cooler
    Following me?

Yes?

So I'd say, iPhone 5 will be even more stylish & thinner @ just 4.8mm. Everyone will wonder why it runs warm.

Apple will deny it, the cult will buy it, and the beat goes on. ha..ha..ha... :)

6. cyruslemont thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm actually lost haha, explain it to me like I'm an idiot

7. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

Besides the usual upgrade of specs (bigger hdd, more megapixels, more ram, battery), all Apple really has left are a led notification light (BB style) and a larger screen model which i expect to see either next year or the year after. Next year's model will have increased storage for sure and possibly a higher MP camera with the years after having dual led flash. Stuff like HDMI port on a cell phone is very unapple and I don't expect to see that. Also a switch to a different type of screen is probably going to happen in 2012 or 2013.

8. Broph macrumors 6502

Broph

I think it's pretty much well known Sony have been creating the camera for the next iPhone which is 8MP.... ( I think it's Sony, cbf'd researching right now )...

I think the next iPhone will be called iPhone 5, but it will be shown on the keynote like this:

iPhone V

9. KameronBriggs macrumors 6502

KameronBriggs

I would love to see a 4.3" screen on iPhone 5.

10. bigrich1981 macrumors newbie

I had a go on my mate's iPhone 4 and its very nice, think it could do with a bigger screen though, 3.7" seems about right (like my Desire) but when you start looking at 4"+ it means that the phone becomes difficult to hold and have in your pocket etc

11. Alonzo84 macrumors 6502a

Alonzo84

I believe USB3/LightPeak is coming next year, so I'm sure iPhone 5 will be compatible with that. I can't really see it getting any thinner, but who knows. The battery will more than likely be improved as well. Can't say I would care for the BB style LED light or a higher MP camera. 5MP is plenty unless you plan on making poster size prints.

12. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

Actually I was just kidding about making it super thin, since Apples hyper focused on "thin & cool looking".*

What I am disappointed with... is the retention of a small 3.5" display. I respect why they did, yet it's a growing trend with merit.*

Pros:*
    Better Internet experience.*
    Less pinching, zooming, scrolling, etc.*
    Less eye strain, after a long travel day using the iPhone for work.*

Cons:
    Too big for pocket
    Looks odd when using as a phone.*

We all have different uses & preferences. For my needs 4.3 to 4.5" is the sweet spot for display size. Like anything else, it's what one is accustomed to, I now have a smartphone with a 4.3" display and it's perfect. I only wish it was an iPhone with the hi_res display that size.*

13. cyruslemont thread starter macrumors newbie

14. drewc1138 macrumors 6502

I'm hoping in 4 years, the 3D fad will have burned out.