Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gianmtp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 19, 2014
I want to buy a new iMac in order to be a YouTube gamer, and I think the 21,5 top of the line iMac might be good, but I don't know about technical stuff so I don't know if it can handle the games and screenflow.

PS. I'm planing in playing games like minecraft and the walking dead, but mostly I want to play indie games

popcorn5

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2014
If you're gonna play games, then buy a Windows desktop PC. Or install Windows on Mac to play games. And also, if you're gonna get Mac, buy a retina macbook pro, the screen resolution is just beautiful.

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
I want to buy a new iMac in order to be a YouTube gamer, and I think the 21,5 top of the line iMac might be good, but I don't know about technical stuff so I don't know if it can handle the games and screenflow.

PS. I'm planing in playing games like minecraft and the walking dead, but mostly I want to play indie games

Buy refurbished. Great savings and quality machines! That being said, you are going to want as much RAM as possible, and try to get an SSD or Fusion Drive. Buying a new iMac with a hard drive is like buying a Porsche and driving it in a parking lot in 1st gear only.

egy195

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2014
why not buying a gaming pc ?
if you want a mac get the retina macbook for video editing your youtube videos but gaming not so mach.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.