What image hosting service do you use?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JHNguyen, Jun 4, 2008.

1. JHNguyen macrumors member

Just wondering what all you guys use out there.

Been using flickr a bit, but lately, I've been going over my limit.. Not sure if I should become a "Pro" member or not.

What do you guys use?

2. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

I host my own images on my own server (well, the server used by my website) which is very easy to edit, upload and change stuff image and folder-wise since you have direct access, you don't have to go through a tedious HTML interface.

Hosting can be cheap enough I guess, but not as cheap as $25 a year from Flickr. It's basically ease of use over cost..

3. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

My own. Really not a fan of flickr, imageshack, photobucket and all that other bollocks.

After the initial minor hassle of setting it up, it's easier and not that expensive to do it yourself. (I like A Small Orange for hosting and whoever has your chosen domain the cheapest. GoDaddy isn't bad.)

4. Squid7085 macrumors 6502a

Back in the day I used Photobucket, but now, as with most other things, I use Facebook. I guess that isn't really an "Image Hoster" But no limits and such. Its been forever since I have used Photobucket, but I liked it. I am almost embarrassed to say I don't even have a Flicker account. I didn't spell that correctly did I? :rolleyes:

5. teleromeo macrumors 65816

teleromeo

Same here. I have 3 domains with 1 gig webspace each, I pay something like 23 euro for each package. real cheap.
    When I have a bunch of pictures to share I make a web gallery with photoshop and all I have to do is copy the folder to my webspace with ftp to have it online. pretty easy.

6. mithrilfox macrumors regular

mithrilfox

flickr.com.

I never pay for stuff like video/photo hosting. I believe firmly in the free service nature of the internet, and avoid pretty much any and all paid services.

7. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

Since I keep little online, Photobucket does the job.

8. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

My own. I get unlimited bandwidth and seemingly limitless webspace so I just throw my photos and such up there.

Also got a nifty stats service so I can see how many views each pic gets. Minor thing really.

9. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

I would throw my voucher behind Eleven2 Cheap, with excellent service. I just checked and see they have a sale on right now at $6 a month.

Don't spend money on anything until you figure out exactly what you'll be using it for. If you do a lot of image uploading, renaming, moving around I think spending a few extra dollars and having direct access to a server would be better; - This would go for video as well - being able to just log in with FTP and manage your files is the best way imo.

THe plus side is you get your own domain, on which you can post a photo album or blog or whatever so everyone can see your photos (if that's something you're interested in that is)

10. BlakTornado Guest

BlakTornado

imageshack.us just because I don't need an account.

I prefer not to have a big library of images I've uploaded because sometimes I upload things I won't want keeping, like stupid photoshopped images I'll never use again, and stuff.

11. mikeypizano macrumors member

I use Picasa for general pictures and I use Photobucket for screen shots.

12. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

TinyPic - Much better then ImageShack, in my opinion. I only need to host the ocassinal (sp, I know) image, so it works well for me.

13. Bobdude161 macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

Careful if yer going to host images on your own personal server. some ISPs look down upon such activity.